OH GUD GOD IM DUMB

phil-drummer

recently i left ALL my sticks at a gig , i feel completely stupid , and i rang the guysu p n they havent got em , so sum punk has got himself sum free sticks ( like 5 new pairs , d'oh ) not to worry i guess ill hav to get sum more, but i do feel really really dumb.

at least it wasnt a cymbal bag

GeorgeDemise

Hahaha I once somehow managed to leave, my cymbals, pedals and snare at a show once thats about 4hour drive away from me. Luckily the venue still had them the next day and I got a friend to post me them! I always pick up stuff if people leave them behind so I can give them back or I get free stuff haha.

PDP9000

I for got some sticks but one time a drummer forgot his cymbal bag by our equitment and i was serching
around for 30 min looking for the guy but i found him but when he opened it there was
band new A-custom cymbals in it.

dave lynch

Yeah that would suck leaving your sticks, but it would have been worse if you forgotton to bring them in the 1st place..Hehe

Brother_Bong

dave lynch":jhl4chmp said:
Yeah that would suck leaving your sticks, but it would have been worse if you forgotton to bring them in the 1st place..Hehe
Thats exactly where I was headed with this! Iv'e been lucky not to do it, but our bass player actually forgot his bass for a show. We lived in Portland Maine at the time, and the show was in Boston 2 hours away. Needless to say he had to borrow this bass off a guy, it was like a Hondo or something and it had at least 2 rolls of duct tape holding it together. Sounded like shit! The bass was never forgotten again!

Rob Crisp

I left a decent stick bag behind, loadsed with new sticks malletts all sorts GUTTED! The new Vic Firth one I got is crap too, the sticks blow though the bottom.

Gutted most about the Jack Daniels mini sticks I was given as a present :-(

Guess it could be worse, like a snare drum as mentioned before!

JAdrums2k

Bong":3bfhie3i said:
Thats exactly where I was headed with this! Iv'e been lucky not to do it, but our bass player actually forgot his bass for a show. We lived in Portland Maine at the time, and the show was in Boston 2 hours away. Needless to say he had to borrow this bass off a guy, it was like a Hondo or something and it had at least 2 rolls of duct tape holding it together. Sounded like shit! The bass was never forgotten again!
Live & learn..
I scored an awesome set of in ear monitors a couple weeks ago, brand new still in the box... best find yet!

GypoDrummer

when i first got my drum kit
i took my drum sticks to use to test out the kit,
just incase the guy selling it didn't have sticks (i got the kit second hand)

anyway, i get the kit, all is good
till i get home and realise i just left my brand new Pro-Mark sticks behind!

ohh well, i had to use some $6 sticks that sucked crap for another 8 weeks, before i ahd enough money to get more sticks...

BillRayDrums

I got in the car one day and made it to my gig in San Diego (about a 1 hr ride at that time of day from my place) early, even. When I got to the gig 1 hr early I realized that I had not put my drums back into the van. Ouch!! I ended up borrowing a friend's kit. I felt like an idiot.

Rob Crisp

BillRayDrums":1j0i7pdd said:
I got in the car one day and made it to my gig in San Diego (about a 1 hr ride at that time of day from my place) early, even. When I got to the gig 1 hr early I realized that I had not put my drums back into the van. Ouch!! I ended up borrowing a friend's kit. I felt like an idiot.
You forgot the entire kit!? Billy, that's brilliant! :D

DRUMSMYWIFE

Yep that Happens. I'm thinking of getting a clipboard and checking off everything I gig with each and every time before and after a gig.

ctyjones

Some lucky roady got a free Roc n' Soc off of me that way. Live and learn I guess. I hope that guy's butt is comfy... jackass.