odd time and polyrhytm

sp4zium

great technique, worst feel i've ever heard from a 'pro drummer.' (talking about the youtube solo on his page) anyways, it seemed like that guy was just hitting as much as he could in a short amount of time. no groove, no feel, just hitting.

phil-drummer

sp4zium":3eiv2fum said:
great technique, worst feel i've ever heard from a 'pro drummer.' (talking about the youtube solo on his page) anyways, it seemed like that guy was just hitting as much as he could in a short amount of time. no groove, no feel, just hitting.

I agree, their was not alot of groove goin on, i guess it was more of a solo than a jam with the bass player , infact most of the time the bass was ignored or drowned out by the drum . but it was still quite cool

SilentDrummer

Yeah, good technique but there's no tension in this solo, it's like he's doing things without a real sense...
I't not a very good builded solo, but his technique is not in discussion

Ericinho6

I agree SD.

It's as if he's just kind of letting his hands do more of the thinking and creativity than his mind. To each his own though.

Sinky

india":24i1x0zi said:
Check out this amazing drummer Utsi Zimring at www.myspace.com/utsizimring . He plays lot of polyrhytm and odd time, there is a great 13/8 video solo at his page. i think we'll hear a lot of this guy soon!
judging by the blatant self-selling post there, i'd hazard a guess that India is in fact Utsi Zimring.

For future reference mate.. it was the "i think we'll hear a lot of this guy soon!" that gave it away.. went a bit far ;)

Ericinho6

Sinky":2rza5rl8 said:
india":2rza5rl8 said:
Check out this amazing drummer Utsi Zimring at www.myspace.com/utsizimring . He plays lot of polyrhytm and odd time, there is a great 13/8 video solo at his page. i think we'll hear a lot of this guy soon!
judging by the blatant self-selling post there, i'd hazard a gues that India is in fact Utsi Zimring.
Good catch, I didn't notice that.

Oh well, do what you gotta do I guess :?

Sinky

Ericinho6":2ex4hdod said:
Sinky":2ex4hdod said:
india":2ex4hdod said:
judging by the blatant self-selling post there, i'd hazard a gues that India is in fact Utsi Zimring.
Good catch, I didn't notice that.

Oh well, do what you gotta do I guess :?
hehe yah why not, nobody's gonna do if for ya i guess. Probably why this was so obvious hehe