Ocdp green snare whit vented holes

PDP9000

i was in the guitar center and i saw this snare that was green with vented holes in it would this snare be a good choice to by????????

anavrinIV

PDP9000":1dybtw7m said:
anavrinIV":1dybtw7m said:
play it. if you want it then buy it. i wouldnt buy anything from ocdp but thats just my choice.
how come you wouldnt>>>>>>>>>
it is my personal belief that ocdp is overhyped, overrated, and overpriced. i have a spaun snare that i love and ive had guys with vented ocdps say "well, yours is cool but mine sounds way better" when theyve never heard my snare and they dont make the connection that its the same shell...maybe theirs is thicker but its still keller maple. overall i just dont like the attitude and atmosphere surrounding ocdp and i dont want to own anything of theirs

PDP9000

anavrinIV":125xsj6j said:
PDP9000":125xsj6j said:
anavrinIV":125xsj6j said:
play it. if you want it then buy it. i wouldnt buy anything from ocdp but thats just my choice.
how come you wouldnt>>>>>>>>>
it is my personal belief that ocdp is overhyped, overrated, and overpriced. i have a spaun snare that i love and ive had guys with vented ocdps say "well, yours is cool but mine sounds way better" when theyve never heard my snare and they dont make the connection that its the same shell...maybe theirs is thicker but its still keller maple. overall i just dont like the attitude and atmosphere surrounding ocdp and i dont want to own anything of theirs
YA BRO MY FRIEND HAS A VENTED OCDP SNARE AND HE ALWAYS SAY THAT MY SNARE SOUNDS HORRIBLE SO YA IM WITH YOU ON THAT :D

drummert2k

with the prices OCDP charges, if you really want a green snare with vents, order one from a smaller custom company for probably half the price. with orange county, you're paying a lot of extra cash for the name.

and to throw my opinion in on the drum itself, do you really want a vented snare? i've played many and built many for people who wanted them and everyone says they're louder and all that junk when they're arent louder. they just bring out the attack because more air is pushed out of the holes quicker. not louder, just more attack. i'd personally go for a 5 or 6 inch deep drum and just tune it higher so that way you can get the crack and still have the body of a full size drum. and if vol;ume is an issue, thats what you're size guy is for. you should be able to feather the drum and have it cut through the mix out front. just play comfortable and turn it up on the board.

in my opinion, anyone willing to shell out that kinda dough for ocdp drums is insane.

you're paying 20 times cost for a kit based solely on the fact that they're hip and "all the cool emo bands use them."

no thanks.

for 1/2 the cost, you can get a spaun, pork pie, pearl etc. snare that's just as nice.

for 1/4 of the cost you can find a small mom & pop company to build you a custom snare that's just as nice.

for 1/10 of the cost, you can build your own.

if you've got that kinda money to piss away, that's cool, but to me it's just foolish to drop that kind of money on a brand name.

jslu311

I bought a lime green sparkle Orange County Snare earlier this year and I love it!!!! That's if your influences include Chad Sexton of 311. Here's a pic of my kit with the snare.

Daneman

drummert2k":2tv812cb said:
i'd personally go for a 5 or 6 inch deep drum and just tune it higher so that way you can get the crack and still have the body of a full size drum.
Amen to that. Been playing a 6.5 x 14 for years now, cranked a little higher than most people would tension a drum that size (tighter but not choked mind you). It's the best of both worlds- you get that high end crack, but because of its depth the drum has some balls to it, unlike most pic. snares which I find sound too thin, almost brittle.

drumart.79

Daneman":21gowxn7 said:
Amen to that. Been playing a 6.5 x 14 for years now, cranked a little higher than most people would tension a drum that size (tighter but not choked mind you). It's the best of both worlds- you get that high end crack, but because of its depth the drum has some balls to it, unlike most pic. snares which I find sound too thin, almost brittle.
i agree that most piccolos sound a little thin and brittle. most likely because they get cranked a little too high. i've been playing a 4" x 13" Dixon picc for years, and i still get compliments every night. and yeah, i said dixon. best deal i've ever gotten. $100 flat cash at a local store (when i lived in ohio). you just gotta learn to not take it up as high. while it doesn't quite have the body my 5.5" x 13" acrylic snare (have to rebuild it, i cracked my shell on tour :cry: ), it's not so thin that it sounds brittle. just find the lower end of the "sweet spot" of the tuning range and you're golden with a picc. (well, all depending on what style your playing. but my dixon has gotten me through almost everything i've done, from jazz to trip-hop to rock.) i love that snare. but i really miss my ludwig that some ex-band members left in a cab one evening. fuck.

www.myspace.com/chuckdick