OCD!!!!

JAdrums2k

OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DRUMMER!!

My mission today was to scale down my kit to a 3 piece, simplify things, and get rid of things I don't always need.
While moving stuff around I kept finding spots to put new stuff... rack was lookin pretty empty!!
So instead of scaling down I ended up ordering 2 new rack toms, making it an 8 piece, and 7 new boom stands.

It's a sickness...... there is no hope!! :shock:

dwtoast72

dude....have you seen my kit?????? I know how you feel!!!
but sometimes you have to have that self control to break it down to a 3 or 4 to see if you can manage your need to have all extra stuff...see if you can be as musical with a small kit v. a big kit..

JAdrums2k

dwtoast72":2g84r03z said:
but sometimes you have to have that self control to break it down to a 3 or 4 to see if you can manage your need to have all extra stuff...see if you can be as musical with a small kit v. a big kit..
Actually I saw that picture & that's what started me experimenting :D

Gave me some great ideas for rack adjustments & placement

I usually do use a scaled down kit (4 to 5 piece) for gigs, but I figured I'd keep the option open to use the larger version when the venue accomodates it

stump

I actually do find that playing a smaller kit helps you be more creative. It's nice to have variety and I like to have stuff to hit so I use plan B....buy more cymbals! :lol: Peace on ya!

Edge3591

JAdrums2k":2b9wg0lu said:

My mission today was to scale down my kit to a 3 piece, simplify things, and get rid of things I don't always need.
While moving stuff around I kept finding spots to put new stuff... rack was lookin pretty empty!!
So instead of scaling down I ended up ordering 2 new rack toms, making it an 8 piece, and 7 new boom stands.

Not having really anything to do with the post but...

Are you really ocd or are you just saying that you are, curious...

BillRayDrums

Edge3591":3h1uxojd said:
JAdrums2k":3h1uxojd said:

Not having really anything to do with the post but...

Are you really ocd or are you just saying that you are, curious...
Yeah OCD sucks sometimes.
I used to try to get my toms as low and flat as possible until one day I realized that I would not be satisfied until they were sitting on the floor. Now how ridiculous would that be? I'm not Trilok Gurtu!
So I gave THAT a rest.

phil-drummer

ah i fort u where talkin bout the drummer from the band obsessive compulsive, their pretty fcuking awesome, did a few gigs with them with my old band,

Drumosaurus

i know what you mean. i went online too order new heads, but i ended up ordering heads,3 cymbal stands, meinl bell blast ride, sticks, and cymbal polish. oops :shock:

pphunk

Haha, yeah i scaled down my kit a few years back and I'm now starting to buy more and more stuff for it. When i play live i still use the basic scaled down kit for easy setup and teardown, but at the practice space I've been adding more and more. Just today i bought an 18'' A Custom Medium Crash and I'm planning on picking up another china for my left side and a rack tom for the left side of my hi-hat. My problem is that when my band mates get new gear, i get jealous. I see that little twinkle in their eye every time they think about their new toys. It just can't be helped.

dahlgrendrummer

I do that before we have to do shows with a backline. I knock it down the bare minimum and see if I can pull it all off, it usually works out fine. I just love having all my different stuff.

sharp13

wow, i mean i just play with a 5 peice set up, shoot ... ne ting more and id be scared the drums would swallow me whole :!:

B-RAD52

phil-drummer":22seycxi said:
~newdrummer~":22seycxi said:
Mike Portnoy has OCD. Look at his kit. :shock:
mike portnoy is probly my fave drummer at the moment, he just kicks ass
yea, i saw him at G3 last year when he played for petrucci. dude is sick. he is unbelievable. but i was kinda disappointed, he didnt bring his usual set up. but he did play on what was honestly the biggest single bass kit i have ever seen. he had like 4 octabans 2 snares 6 toms and a gigantic gong tom that almost tipped over every time he played it. but anywho, my roommate is OBSESSED with portnoy so we went to that when they came to cincy in like march or april. but my roommate paid like the platinum pass or whatever, like $250 each to meet dream theater over the summer, so, that was pretty darn sweet.

dwtoast72

JAdrums2k":3fu8hw2u said:
dwtoast72":3fu8hw2u said:
Actually I saw that picture & that's what started me experimenting :D

Gave me some great ideas for rack adjustments & placement

I usually do use a scaled down kit (4 to 5 piece) for gigs, but I figured I'd keep the option open to use the larger version when the venue accomodates it
have I unintentioanally influenced this cat with a series of photographs?...
I appreciate the kind words