Nick Pierce

dahlgrendrummer

He left to go try out for Black Dahlia Murder, they chose that guy from All That Remains, Shannon, that guy SUCKS compared to Nick, he's got fast feet but I've never heard him blast. So hopefully he will go back to The Faceless, but I doubt it. He is a really talented dude, whatever he does is going to kick total ass.

dahlgrendrummer

I heard that Marco quit too, to go to his band Braindrill, they got a deal of some kind. Marcos VERY fast, but lacks the finesse Nick has.

iatemygoat

dahlgrendrummer":3pnw27jf said:
I heard that Marco quit too, to go to his band Braindrill, they got a deal of some kind. Marcos VERY fast, but lacks the finesse Nick has.
This raises another question, is marco finishing out the Brutalitour dates or is he officially done?

dahlgrendrummer

Well, he's still playing for them now (he played for them on Sunday night at least). I didn't really get a chance to ask them whats up with the drummer situation though.

iatemygoat

dahlgrendrummer":173b12te said:
Well, he's still playing for them now (he played for them on Sunday night at least). I didn't really get a chance to ask them whats up with the drummer situation though.
damnit i was REALLY looking forward to seeing Marco live finally!

dahlgrendrummer

If I run into the guy who owns the record label they are on, I'll ask him when Marcos done. The guy who owns Sumerian Records used to be in a band (Reflux) with my bassist.

Howepirate

dahlgrendrummer":3vmcakdy said:
He left to go try out for Black Dahlia Murder, they chose that guy from All That Remains, Shannon, that guy SUCKS compared to Nick, he's got fast feet but I've never heard him blast. So hopefully he will go back to The Faceless, but I doubt it. He is a really talented dude, whatever he does is going to kick total ass.
Don't diss on Shannon Lucas. WTF. All you've guys heard is him play in a trendy metalcore band. YOU have no idea what kind of chops and blasts he could have.

Obviously he was being minimal for ATR anywayz i mean come on..1 rack tom?

iatemygoat

i thought the latest all that remains CD was pretty bruta compared to their other stuff. i only heard it once but the drums definately stood out on that album.

dahlgrendrummer

Howepirate":1agimvza said:
dahlgrendrummer":1agimvza said:
Don't diss on Shannon Lucas. WTF. All you've guys heard is him play in a trendy metalcore band. YOU have no idea what kind of chops and blasts he could have.

Obviously he was being minimal for ATR anywayz i mean come on..1 rack tom?
I dunno, he seemed as if he were struggling playing the ATR stuff, and Job For A Cowboy turned him down, so...

brutalsouth

Yea nick is pretty good i had the pleasure of jammin with him for a few hours, pretty solid. He is def. better than all that remains, but that chump got replaced by Tim Yeung so good luck gettin him out of that paycheck. as far as Marco goes, he talks a lotta noise at the WFD and he has never seemed to back it up, im not a fan of him and his digital talent. But yea nick needs to go back to the faceless, for everyones sake.

xdoseonex

yeah, black dahlia was looking for a drummer for a while. at the 2007 naam show they saw me playing, and came up to me and sayid they were looking for a new drummer. and they had me play on a kit for them and took down all my information and shit. it was pretty cool. i guess they were playing with nick for a bit and the drummer from all that remains ended up in the band

meta L ucas

nick is my friend, and he left the faceless because he didn't get along with that band. hes currently talking to some of the guys from hate eternal and might be starting a side project with their guitarists. but he has just been brushing up on his chops for the most part.
he will find a better gig that the faceless.

disrupt13

I dunno, he seemed as if he were struggling playing the ATR stuff, and Job For A Cowboy turned him down, so...[/quote]
correction, at the time he didnt want to tour,
living in near the D where bdm is form, shannons pretty good, hes not arrogant like marco pizzaparlor or whatever, dont talk crap until you have seen them live. and atr is alot better than the metal core scene

Howepirate

disrupt13":24un06ca said:
I dunno, he seemed as if he were struggling playing the ATR stuff, and Job For A Cowboy turned him down, so...
living in near the D where bdm is form, shannons pretty good, hes not arrogant like marco pizzaparlor or whatever, dont talk crap until you have seen them live. and atr is alot better than the metal core scene[/quote]

Oh i know i love ATR but its very trendy metal lol

its so catchy

but i do love it

dahlgrendrummer

disrupt13":23e2ikvb said:
living in near the D where bdm is form, shannons pretty good, hes not arrogant like marco pizzaparlor or whatever, dont talk crap until you have seen them live. and atr is alot better than the metal core scene[/quote]

Bro, you got it all wrong, I am not talking crap, I am explaining factual things I have witnessed. Shannon was having a hard time with the ATR stuff at Ozzfest last year FACT. JFAC turned him down, FACT. Shannon's got some cash from ATR, I know that. He left a whole drumset and cymbals at Job For A Cowboy's practice space, pretty crazy. I just find it whack, that he can play BDM, but not Job For A Cowboy, JFAC is elementry school deathcore, not hard to play (the newer stuff sounds very promising though, the new drummer is really good). BDM is pretty tricky here and there. One thing you have to realize as well, none of those drums on the ATR record are real, Adam D NEVER uses real drums. Thats why Unearth went elsewhere to record, Mike Justain from Unearth could not STAND having all his drums built in Protools. What he does is this, you play your drums with a click, he hit replaces EVERYTHING on alternate drum tracks, and thats what you hear. Which means, if the bands wants the drummer to do a fill in a certain spot on the track where he didn't fill before, they can write it in Protools.

I pretty much have a very reliable source for my info (Kevin Tally is my drum teacher, and is friends with 99.9% of the people we are talking about), so take it or leave it.

Oh yeah, Nick Pierce PWNS Shannon Lucas for the record...

iatemygoat

dahlgrendrummer":3dpocuew said:
disrupt13":3dpocuew said:
living in near the D where bdm is form, shannons pretty good, hes not arrogant like marco pizzaparlor or whatever, dont talk crap until you have seen them live. and atr is alot better than the metal core scene
Bro, you got it all wrong, I am not talking crap, I am explaining factual things I have witnessed. Shannon was having a hard time with the ATR stuff at Ozzfest last year FACT. JFAC turned him down, FACT. Shannon's got some cash from ATR, I know that. He left a whole drumset and cymbals at Job For A Cowboy's practice space, pretty crazy. I just find it whack, that he can play BDM, but not Job For A Cowboy, JFAC is elementry school deathcore, not hard to play (the newer stuff sounds very promising though, the new drummer is really good). BDM is pretty tricky here and there. One thing you have to realize as well, none of those drums on the ATR record are real, Adam D NEVER uses real drums. Thats why Unearth went elsewhere to record, Mike Justain from Unearth could not STAND having all his drums built in Protools. What he does is this, you play your drums with a click, he hit replaces EVERYTHING on alternate drum tracks, and thats what you hear. Which means, if the bands wants the drummer to do a fill in a certain spot on the track where he didn't fill before, they can write it in Protools.

I pretty much have a very reliable source for my info (Kevin Tally is my drum teacher, and is friends with 99.9% of the people we are talking about), so take it or leave it.

Oh yeah, Nick Pierce PWNS Shannon Lucas for the record...[/quote]

CORRECTION: The old drummer for JFAC did all of the tracking on the new CD.