New to the forums - Heres my kits!

spantney

Hi everyone!

I'll start off with a little about me. My name is Anthony, I'm 19 years old and from near London in merry old England. I've been playing for about 8 years now and loved every single moment of it. I'm currently in a band but have yet to gig with it but I have gigged quite a bit in the past.

Anyway enough about me I guess you want to see my babies!

Here they are:

This is my Mapex VX Series kit in Plasma Sapphire. Its got a 22 x 18 bass drum, 12 x 9 rack tom, 13 x 10 rack tom, and a 16 x 16 floor.

This is sheerly my cart-around kit. I use it for band rehersal and stuff. Had it for about 3 years. Its made of several plies (I think 7) of basswood and a single ply of Maple. I've replaced all the heads on the kit except the bass drum with Remo Coated Ambassadors on the batter side and Clear Ambassadors on the resonant side. I use stock heads on the bass drum but use a pillow for some internal dampning. I generally use my Pro-M snare with this kit which has an Emporer-X coated on the batter side but stock heads on the reso. Gives a nice punchy sound in my bands rehershal room and I think she looks purdy aswell :)

On to my main kit now:

Total specs for this kit are as follows:

Drums:

Mapex Pro-M in cherry fade

22 x 18 Bass Drum
12 x 9 Rack Tom
13 x 10 Rack Tom
16 x 16 Floor Tom

DDrum Dominion Maple Snare 13 x 7 in Blackburst finish

Mapex Black Panther 12 x 6 Aux snare

Cymbals:

Sabian AAX 14" Stage Hi-Hats
Sabian AAX 16" Stage Crash
Sabian AAX 20" Stage Ride
Sabian AAX 10" Splash
Zildjian A Custom 17" Projection Crash
Zildjian A Custom 20" China
Zildjian A Custom 8" Splash
Zildjian K 17" China

Other stuff:

Tama Iron Cobra Power Glide double pedal
Pretty much all Mapex hardware apart from 1x Pearl boom stand
PDP Drum throne

Remo heads, Zildjian and Ahead sticks

Had this kit for just over a year now and is my home kit.

I also have 2 snares that arent pictures - they were the ones that came with the kits

Mapex Pro-M 14 x 5.5 Snare in cherry fade - Emporer-X Coated Batter, Stock Reso
Mapex VX 14 x 5.5 snare in Plasma Sapphire - Coated Ambassador Batter, stock Reso

Anyway thats my kits, hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I do playing them!

Cheers :)

pow3rtr1p

Just personal taste, but I prefer the blue kit's looks, though with hardware it may look about the same. I just think the blue, with the natural inner hoop of the kick, looks sweet.

spantney

Thanks everyone!

Yeah who would have thought that a £400 kit had such a brilliant finish - lots of people of drummerworld commented on it while back. Its not a wrap aswell - that pattern is etched into the wood.

If I have a spare minute today I'll try and get the blue kit setup with cymbals and all - it'll be pretty much like the Pro-M just in a different colour and I use it in a 4 piece config usually.

Thanks again :)

xdoseonex

spantney":x3uqzyb9 said:
Thanks everyone!

Yeah who would have thought that a £400 kit had such a brilliant finish - lots of people of drummerworld commented on it while back. Its not a wrap aswell - that pattern is etched into the wood.

If I have a spare minute today I'll try and get the blue kit setup with cymbals and all - it'll be pretty much like the Pro-M just in a different colour and I use it in a 4 piece config usually.

Thanks again :)
etched into the wood???. thats crazy talk

spantney

I kid you not! If you ever find the kit in that finish run your fingers down it and you can feel the bumps and grooves cut into the wood. Its a bit annoying not having a wrap sometimes though...when this kit was in my house an electrician working in the spare room dropped a screwdriver and took a massive chunk of wood out of the bass drum!

Vanden

I love the finish on our blue Mapex kit. I have the same kit as that (Mapex VX series) but my finish isnt as nice.