New To The Board

NCdrummer

Hello all. Just discovered this forum, have read over it, and am anxious to join in on the drumming conversations. I'm 36 years old and have been playing off and on since around age 6. Only recently has my fire for drums returned with a VENGEANCE!! I FINALLY purchased my first new kit. I'v been playing my Dad's Pearls that he bought when he was 15, back in 1962. Yes, those jewels have made it this long. I'v outgrown them, though, as I'v joined a band with some friends of mine. My early influences were Peter Cris, Steve Gadd, Ringo Starr, Alex Van Halen, and Neil Peart. If that sounds all over the road, well, it is. I love all kinds of music, and enjoy playing everthing from jazz to metal. I look forward to learning from and conversing with what appears to be a talented group of fellow drummers.

Shalaq

Can you post pics of your vintage Pearls and you current setup in Show us Your Kit section? :)

zen_drummer

Welcome to the best little drum forum on the internet!

There's a lot of knowledge here from drummers in all walks of life from beginners to professionals, and the spirit of community is quite strong, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here!

loop

Welcome to the forums, NCdrummer :)

zen_drummer":1mb9mqp5 said:

There's a lot of knowledge here from drummers in all walks of life from beginners to professionals, and the spirit of community is quite strong, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here!

wow, nicely said :D

Zim

zen_drummer":3l5rz4dt said:

I agree this is the best drum site I been too some of the others are just petty arguments from youngsters about nothing. I like that we actually discuss drumming not how fastt so and so is on kick bass and your choices suck cause I don't like them.

Cheers