NEW stuff from Pearl at winter NAMM 2007

Rockaflodge

New member
Hey guys, check out pearl website www.pearldrum.com They done it again! They have released a new line called VISION, The Vision kits are a combo or bircth and basewood,The toms are 6ply and the floor toms and bass drums are 8 ply and they have made new hardwear to go with it, The 900 series, its has the same stuff as the 1000 series but a little cheaper, I think this kit is going to replace the exports one day, but they also released the new 100 percent maple exports kits so go fiuger. All I know is that this is the reason why I play pearl. its the best reason to play drums.
 

phoenix7289

New member
Rockaflodge":1syde7tc said:
Hey guys, check out pearl website www.pearldrum.com They done it again! They have released a new line called VISION, The Vision kits are a combo or bircth and basewood,The toms are 6ply and the floor toms and bass drums are 8 ply and they have made new hardwear to go with it, The 900 series, its has the same stuff as the 1000 series but a little cheaper, I think this kit is going to replace the exports one day, but they also released the new 100 percent maple exports kits so go fiuger. All I know is that this is the reason why I play pearl. its the best reason to play drums.
I have noticed an excess in quality for the Tama hardware versus Pearl hardware. I have a combo of Tama and Pearl hardware. And the Pearl hardware, which is high quality, doesn't have some nice features Tama hardware has.

What I'm talking about: Boom Stands.

The pearl ones don't have the boom arm go and hide in the whole tube thing, unlike Tama, which does that. Also, the boom arm doesn't have the little divits(sp?) which make it more secure. I have had issues with other Pearl items also. But I am not dissing Pearl, they have some fairly decent sounding stuff! :D
 

Rockaflodge

New member
Pearl makes a stand that hides the boom, its offerd in the 800-2000 series, in fact they were the frist to make the hiding boom stand, and the reason they dont have the rough boom is because they use rubber in side the clamp so the smoth boom holds better, I am not trying to diss tama but know one has hardwear like pearl, I have owned tama hardwear befor and it always slipped on me but I have been useing pearl drums and hardwear for 6 years now and I will never use anything eles, its just the best money can buy. besides I owned a tama starclassic for 6 months and sold it and all the hardwear because I was so disapointed in the way the drums sounded and the hardwear fell apart, got pearl masters and never looked back.
 

phoenix7289

New member
Rockaflodge":3tfoj7xv said:
Pearl makes a stand that hides the boom, its offerd in the 800-2000 series, in fact they were the frist to make the hiding boom stand, and the reason they dont have the rough boom is because they use rubber in side the clamp so the smoth boom holds better, I am not trying to diss tama but know one has hardwear like pearl, I have owned tama hardwear befor and it always slipped on me but I have been useing pearl drums and hardwear for 6 years now and I will never use anything eles, its just the best money can buy. besides I owned a tama starclassic for 6 months and sold it and all the hardwear because I was so disapointed in the way the drums sounded and the hardwear fell apart, got pearl masters and never looked back.
What type of playing do you do? I am noticing your signature says you play hard, do you play like thrash/death metal perhaps? That may be why you don't like the Starclassic sound. I've noticed more of the heavy wild hitters are Pearl, like Joey Jordison of Slipknot, I don't know if you like his drumming. I am like eh, about his drumming haha! But yah, Pearl is one of the top companies in my opinion certainly!
 

DrumFiend0206

New member
phoenix7289":10lkqyn9 said:
Rockaflodge":10lkqyn9 said:
Pearl makes a stand that hides the boom, its offerd in the 800-2000 series, in fact they were the frist to make the hiding boom stand, and the reason they dont have the rough boom is because they use rubber in side the clamp so the smoth boom holds better, I am not trying to diss tama but know one has hardwear like pearl, I have owned tama hardwear befor and it always slipped on me but I have been useing pearl drums and hardwear for 6 years now and I will never use anything eles, its just the best money can buy. besides I owned a tama starclassic for 6 months and sold it and all the hardwear because I was so disapointed in the way the drums sounded and the hardwear fell apart, got pearl masters and never looked back.
What type of playing do you do? I am noticing your signature says you play hard, do you play like thrash/death metal perhaps? That may be why you don't like the Starclassic sound. I've noticed more of the heavy wild hitters are Pearl, like Joey Jordison of Slipknot, I don't know if you like his drumming. I am like eh, about his drumming haha! But yah, Pearl is one of the top companies in my opinion certainly!
Yeah, but if you're talking about heavy hitters, you can't count out Dave Lombardo, Mike Portnoy, Paul Bostaph, and Lars Ulrich. They all play Metal/Thrash, and all of them use Tama Starclassics.

I've had no problem at all with my starclassics, I love the sound I get from them. But not every drum sounds the same, so I guess drum with what you like.
 

Qbs

New member
Personally I'm really disappointed with the changes - especially that they've discontinued the MHX series. Anyone have an idea as to who offers NOT custom order african mahogany drums now?
 

Rockaflodge

New member
Nobody I know of, Mohogany drums cost alot and from what I hear the MHX seires was not doing to good. I guess must drummer like the the sound of bircth and maple these days. Mohogany drums are just so loud and deep, they are hard to use for drummers who like a all around sound if you know what I mean.
 

Shalaq

New member
I watched the presentation of Pearl Vision series. For me the drums sound weak. Morgan Rose makes a roll between all the toms and it all sounded like made on one drum.
 

Mikkey

New member
I'd agree with the guy that likes Pearl hardware. While some of their drums might come up short, their hardware always delivers in strength and versatility. The ICON rack...I mean I've never seen a rack better than that. I'm a sometimes hard hitter and I love the starclassic snare line. Almost bought a bubinga SC snare the other day. What I'd want most is the SC bell brass. That'd be the day.
 

Cheapskate

New member
I was very impressed with the Pearl booth,
they had A dozen of the best drummers hanging out (vinnie paul, etc.., surrounded by tons of amazing equipment
and staffed by some really nice folks...
 

Rockaflodge

New member
Has anyone noticed that the Exports come in 100 percent maple shells now! come ON!, Nobody offers that for that price, How can you say pearl comes up sort?
 

Shalaq

New member
Rockaflodge":6tm5u7ub said:
Has anyone noticed that the Exports come in 100 percent maple shells now! come ON!, Nobody offers that for that price, How can you say pearl comes up sort?
Mapex had a line called M Maple, 9 plies of Maple. It's discontinued, now they have of course the M pro series that features north american maple. Nothing new for me.
But it's good. I think exports were way to expensive for the sound.
 

Rockaflodge

New member
one of my good friends is endorsed by mapex and his contract is up in 2 months and he got a offer from pearl and he said he was making the change, that mapex just did not cut it for him.
 

Qbs

New member
Rockaflodge":1cy7wwny said:
Nobody I know of, Mohogany drums cost alot and from what I hear the MHX seires was not doing to good. I guess must drummer like the the sound of bircth and maple these days. Mohogany drums are just so loud and deep, they are hard to use for drummers who like a all around sound if you know what I mean.
And now it is only avaible through Masterworks right?
 

Rockaflodge

New member
I check the pearl website and it say they still offer the MHX series, so I guess mohogany is going to stary around a little longer, does anyone own a set of mohogany drums or even played a set, I would like to hear what you have to say about them because I hear good and bad things about them.
 
Top