New Setup

FelterSkelter

I took some pictures so I could remember how I set up my modified kit. I decided to put them up just for giggles. I'll be using this setup on the first (and maybe only) Space Lounge show on October 6th.
newkitmu9.jpg
newkit2wx0.jpg

newkit3ha3.jpg

FelterSkelter

It is indeed a 16" kick with legs. Nothing special just something I had laying around. There's a more detailed pic on an earlier topic I posted. I think I'll add a few cymbals and an 18" floor. I'm also gonna have a loopstation, kaoss padd, and microkorg off the side. Should be fun.
And I don't know the first thing about salsa but I know it makes people DANCE DANCE DANCE immediately.

dave lynch

SGarrett":2i4qbuhg said:
I always used my 10" tom as a floor tom and my 19" AAX-Plosion as my ride for quieter coffee shop gigs.

I have an older Zildjian 16" rock crash 'Sweet Cymbal" that I used to use as a crash ride..I used to jam with a well know blues cat here in No Cal and he only wanted me to use a kick, snare, hat and cymbal..That 16 works great for that application..I'm glad I still have it after all these years !! I never tried a 10" for a floor but I know my 8" & 12" would make a sweet little tom combo..!! That's one thing I like about the way my drums tune up.. 8, 10, 12, 14, 16" toms...any combo will work..I can use an 8 & 16 without retuning them and they'll work great together..!!

SGarrett

dave lynch":2k0l3knx said:
SGarrett":2k0l3knx said:
I always used my 10" tom as a floor tom and my 19" AAX-Plosion as my ride for quieter coffee shop gigs.

I have an older Zildjian 16" rock crash 'Sweet Cymbal" that I used to use as a crash ride..I used to jam with a well know blues cat here in No Cal and he only wanted me to use a kick, snare, hat and cymbal..That 16 works great for that application..I'm glad I still have it after all these years !! I never tried a 10" for a floor but I know my 8" & 12" would make a sweet little tom combo..!! That's one thing I like about the way my drums tune up.. 8, 10, 12, 14, 16" toms...any combo will work..I can use an 8 & 16 without retuning them and they'll work great together..!!

Hey, I just noticed that you're from the Bay. I'm from the Sactoe area. :D

The kit I used for coffee shop gigs with the singer/songwriter I used to play for was my 22" kick, 5x14" snare, hats, the 19" crash, and the 10" tom. I played with Regal Tip Blastics with the bands rolled up to about 2" from the top. I also used a Vater Vintage Bomber beater to keep the volume of the kick down while still getting a 22" boom.

dave lynch

SGarrett":4dnugetu said:
dave lynch":4dnugetu said:
SGarrett":4dnugetu said:

Hey, I just noticed that you're from the Bay. I'm from the Sactoe area. :D

The kit I used for coffee shop gigs with the singer/songwriter I used to play for was my 22" kick, 5x14" snare, hats, the 19" crash, and the 10" tom. I played with Regal Tip Blastics with the bands rolled up to about 2" from the top. I also used a Vater Vintage Bomber beater to keep the volume of the kick down while still getting a 22" boom.

Funny I took some music classes at Sac City..I loved it...I hadn't been doing anything musicly for years including drumming and that helped me get back into it..I'm still way behind cuz of how much time I missed throughout the years..My fault tho..lol Have you heard of Ron Thompson the blues cat ? Yeh I lived in Sac for about three years and only played my drums like ten times..Anyway I'm gettin of course here..This is a thread about something else..Haha..whoops..Oh by the way my kick then was a 24" and it worked pretty well cuz it had that older sound..!!

break the prism

SGarrett":3lfwcvdy said:

for quiet combo gigs i use my 19" K dark crash as a ride, 12" tom, my normal 14" snare, and 14" A hats