New member - My Pearl Masters Studio Birch

jon_pyle

Hi I'm new to this forum. If you're from the Pearl Drummers Forum you'd recognize me as lildrummer1987. These are my babies:

Specs:

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (BRX) in Ocean Sparkle w/satin hardware

10"x8" rack tom - Evans G2 coated on batter, Evans Resonant Glass on reso
12"x9" rack tom - Evans G2 coated on batter, Evans Resonant Glass on reso
14"x11" rack tom - Evans G2 coated on batter, Evans Resonant Glass on reso
16"x14" rack tom - Evans G2 coated on batter, Evans Resonant Glass on reso
14"x5.5" snare - Evans Genera Dry on batter, Remo Ambassador on reso
22"x18" virgin bass - stock Remo PS3 on batter, ported Evans MX1 White on reso

Tama Steel Snare Series

12"x3" - Evans G1 coated on batter, Remo Ambassador on reso

Sabian Paragon

8" splash
10" splash
13" hi-hat
14" hi-hat
16" crash x2
18" crash
20" crash
19" china
20" china
22" ride

Pearl Hardware

Eliminator Double Bass Drum Pedals
Eliminator Hi-hat Stand
Eliminator Remote Hi-hat Stand
ICON 3-sided curved rack
800 and 70 series cymbal stands/cymbal holders
800 series snare stand
1000 series Roadster Throne
2000 series snare stand
2000 series tom arms

As a four peice:

jbreshears

oooooman i love it... Ecspecially( i know that i spelled that wrong but i'm sick and i'm doped up on some good cough meds.) your cymbal choice man that is a great kit.

jon_pyle

jbreshears":3fn7gg5s said:
oooooman i love it... Ecspecially( i know that i spelled that wrong but i'm sick and i'm doped up on some good cough meds.) your cymbal choice man that is a great kit.
Thanks man! Sabian Paragon are awesome!
loop":3fn7gg5s said:
Totally breathtaking, man! I think I've seen your kit on Pearl Forum before. Do you have any sound samples of it?
Thank you! These were taken with the cameras mic but you'll get the idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjzRpo_9x_Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i3X23jmP24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klieyG9-6EE

phoenix7289

Not a bad set at all man!!! I'm not so sure if the setup would really be my taste, but I do of course like it all! The cymbals especially!!! Very very nice!!!

jon_pyle

Rockaflodge":618ynml9 said:
looks fucking great, How do you like the satin hardwear?
Thanks a lot! I love the satin, it's what really sets this kit off. That's why I picked it. It's really classy with chrome but that can get boring, it looks terrible with black, and I'm not so sure how it would look with gold so I didn't risk it. Satin looks fantastic on a lot of the Master series finishes.
phoenix7289":618ynml9 said:
Not a bad set at all man!!! I'm not so sure if the setup would really be my taste, but I do of course like it all! The cymbals especially!!! Very very nice!!!
Thank you!

Rockaflodge

Moragn rose is my idol, and on his last tour set he had that same color with satin hardwear, I would love to have those colors but the last thing I need is for everybody to say, ( are you trying to be morgan rose now) LOL...

jon_pyle

Rockaflodge":1676932k said:
Moragn rose is my idol, and on his last tour set he had that same color with satin hardwear, I would love to have those colors but the last thing I need is for everybody to say, ( are you trying to be morgan rose now) LOL...
I'd say if you want Ocean Sparkle w/satin hardware, get it! There are a couple people on the Pearl forum (including myself) who have this color combo and the whole forum agrees (based on comments on each's threads) that it is one of the best color combos on the Master series. If you like it, get it. Oh yeah, Morgan Rose is awesome.

jon_pyle

KylePlaysCandCs":39g8d2ii said:
I really like your kit! I have a special place in my heart for blue sparkle drums!! it looks really fun to play!
Thanks!
phoenix7289":39g8d2ii said:
Oh yah, and dude, you look REALLY familiar, I don't know why! o_O
Like I know you lol
Hmm, I'm not sure how although I don't doubt the possibility. Did you see me drumming or something?

m

great kit, looks beautiful!
I dig the configuration too, very interesting.

phoenix7289

jon_pyle":2n9xk0f6 said:
KylePlaysCandCs":2n9xk0f6 said:
I really like your kit! I have a special place in my heart for blue sparkle drums!! it looks really fun to play!
Thanks!
phoenix7289":2n9xk0f6 said:
Oh yah, and dude, you look REALLY familiar, I don't know why! o_O
Like I know you lol
Hmm, I'm not sure how although I don't doubt the possibility. Did you see me drumming or something?
I don't know. >.< I barely ever see anyone lol!

Got Drums?

Dammn foo. You got money comen out your ass? Paragon cymbals as well! Pshh...I just financed $4000 on my Pearl kit so I'm like daaamn lol you've got quite the killer kit