new joke

BillRayDrums

Drum audition...........

Drummer sits at the drums and the band leader says,
"Can you play a samba pattern with your bass drum?"
The drummer obliges with a boom...b-boom samba pattern.

The leader then asks "can you add a Mozambique cowbell pattern along with that with your right hand?"
The drummer thinks "I can do that, no problem" and obliges, giving it his best Steve Gadd possible.

He is then told, "Now add a 2-3 clave with your left foot on hihat" ..
The drummer's struggling a little but gets it happening.

Next he hears, "Now add a cascara pattern on the snare with your left hand."
Years of studying polyrhythms, practicing independence, and listening to world music finally come to fruition and the relieved drummer finds he can play the whole pattern with no problem.

Pleased with himself, he asks the band leader "So, do I get the job?

"No " says the bandleader "that's why we fired the last guy!!"

Rockula!

They fired the last guy because he did all that stuff instead of playing simpler
The joke implies that the drummer is overqualified

Here's a joke I made up myself (it works better if you can see my arm gestures but I'll try to adapt)

Q- Why do prog dorks (guitar and bass players) play with their instruments so high up on their chests?

A- So the zippers on their fanny packs don't scratch their guitars

Brother_Bong

Rockula!":1cn0a0gi said:
They fired the last guy because he did all that stuff instead of playing simpler
The joke implies that the drummer is overqualified

Here's a joke I made up myself (it works better if you can see my arm gestures but I'll try to adapt)

Q- Why do prog dorks (guitar and bass players) play with their instruments so high up on their chests?

A- So the zippers on their fanny packs don't scratch their guitars
Funny Rock, oh so true, it adds quite a visual. I do like BillyRays' joke, I thought it was clever.
How does a blond turn on the light after sex? .......
She opens the car door, oooohhhhhhhh!