New heads

AmnestysLowEnd

I am going to buy some new heads after 6 months of hard use they are in direr need of replacing. I have EC2's now and while they were good at first after a month or so they became harder to keep in tune esp. at low tunings. I have been thinking of coated G2's or Emperors or possibly hydraulics. I really like a controlled, deep sound with a good amount of resonance and I don't have to worry about cutting threw because all my gig's are miced anyways. I was thinking of Aquarian heads too but my guitar center doesn't carry a huge assortment of them especially in my sizes 10,12,13,14,16.

so any suggestions?

BTW I have week old g1's as resos and I don't care about matching brands to much.

jnewlon_drum

i just recently bought for my toms, the EVANS EC2 Coated tom heads and i like them ALOT!!!....they r really durably...2ply..an each ply is 7mil each....they also have a built in control ring around the edge...it filters out the high end overtones an really brings out the low end overtones...an the attack is really punchy...i bought them from guitar center...they had a sale going on an a got a tom fusion pack( 10" 12" 14") for alittle under $20....i cudnt pass that deal up lol...an im glad i didnt now cuz it gave my drumset a whole new sound!! they sound great an u can get out the door with a full tom set for like $50-$60 bucks or less(thats including all the toms u have)....theyr cheap, sound great!!, very affordable, and they just look really sexy :D they have a sweet finish on them...they are translucent...check em out!!

MFTD

aquarian heads are really good my friend has some on his kit if you cant get them at guitarcenter id just order them from musiciansfriend

AmnestysLowEnd

well dudes I got some Coated G2's and I forgot how well they tune up, especially after my never ending nightmare with the EC2's I was using before. I also got a new bass reso, a Evans EQ3 with port and its made my bass nice and punchy but My god damn EMAD 2's plastic ring tore and now that shit buzzes like hell. So I tried out the remo powersonic I had from before and I still hate that piece of crap head!!! It still hade wrinkles in the head a 80 on a drum dial with no pressure on the head. I must have gotten a dud head.