new chad smith set!

seandude

with snare drum!!!!!!

i want it
it looks sweet and i played it it at guitar center it sounds awesome

what do yall think??

metalhead94

yea i played one at the guitar center in virgina beach. it had some clear ec2's on it and it was pretty killer. that snare is AWSOME!!!!

mrnuclearpants

I played one at the guitar center in Lexington, but they set it up dumb. Imagine trying to hit a rack tom thats nearly pointed at you with traditional grip (my preferred grip)! Needless to say matched was used for that one.

kazzman

drummer912":3bon32kp said:
uhh why they gotta make all the sig kits frigin exports? is it an elx or exr?
One reason: $$$$$ They generally target the teenage crowd on the signature kits (Joey Jordison's being a prime example of this). 9 times out of 10, these kids don't know the difference between a Pearl Export or Reference. They just see *insert drummer name here* and go crazy for it.

As for the kit itself, it's an ELX (if I remember correctly). 12, 14, & 16 toms with a 24x16 kick.

drummer912

kazzman":3r6c78bg said:
drummer912":3r6c78bg said:
uhh why they gotta make all the sig kits frigin exports? is it an elx or exr?
One reason: $$$$$ They generally target the teenage crowd on the signature kits (Joey Jordison's being a prime example of this). 9 times out of 10, these kids don't know the difference between a Pearl Export or Reference. They just see *insert drummer name here* and go crazy for it.

As for the kit itself, it's an ELX (if I remember correctly). 12, 14, & 16 toms with a 24x16 kick.
yea i agree. i wish they would at least make it a visions kit. the only thing i dont like about pearl is tht if u want one of their kits that isnt basswood (visison) or poplar then u gotta play over a grand.

metalhead94

dude, vision is birch. its just that the covered (vsx, as opposed to laquer-vlx) sets hava i think a basswood interior and exterior but the middle is still birch the laquered VSX's are all birch. but yea, exports are awsome and cheap, thats why all the sig. kits are exports. plus if they made a reference series chad smith set, or a joey j. mmx set, who would buy it excpet the people that prance around saying joey and chad are gods! dont get me wrong they are both awsome drummers but im not freaking out about either. since they are exports people on a budget AND chad and joey freaks can buy them.

drummer912

i know tht the visions contain birch, but they are all a birch-basswood hybrid. i should have specified tht.

from the pearl website: Vision Series exploits this knowlege to the fullest by using two unique shell recipes of Birch and Basswood.

from descripiton of VLX on music123.com: Pearl Vision VLX 5-Piece Standard Drum Set
The Vision Series offers a sonically advanced recipe of strategically arranged Birch and Basswood ply's to maximize frequency response. Birch offers a resilient tightly bound net work of cells that tend to accelerate rebounding sound waves making it perfect where mid to high frequencies are desired. Basswood provides a slightly softer cellulose composition which tends to slow the sound waves thus promoting mid to low frequencies.

i could be misunderstanding this, but it seems to me tht all vison kits have birch/basswood.