New band GIG update

okjohne

Well a couple weeks ago my new band and I went out on the town. Some of you may recall that it has been awhile for me. I thought I'd let you know how the first gigs went.

1. Ms. T's... Good first gig...Sat in with other band, mistake. Small audience. Played well. Perfect for first gig. Smoking venues suck.

2. D-Note.... We were way to loud for this joint. Sound man said thanx guys that's all we have time for after 1/2 the set. Nice place wrong genre. Played really well. We're getting better.

3. Lions Lair.... Blizzard canceled show. Bummer.

4. Friday night @ 12 volt. Across street from D-Note. More of a Rock club. We'll see what happens???

okjohne

Rob Crisp":cz35lmu7 said:
Have fun in the final venue! Some times you show up at a place and you just know, not your night lol!

Thanx Rob. That was it at the D-Note. Man that was a sweet club. Just not for us.

johnny nobody

Its hard to not feel the power when all those decibels are so easily accessed with a knob. A good band mix helps but the drums usually sets the volume up there and the group follows. Snares don't care.

The blizzard..well that was just cold.

okjohne

I looked @ my quite sticks just before I left for the gig and did not bring them. Oh well. The response was awesome. Half the bar left when we did.