New Alter Bridge

stump

Got the new Alter Bridge yesterday. I must say that Scott Phillips gets better and better on the skins. A huge improvement from the old Creed days. I actually like them better without Stapp and his ego. Check them out. Peace on ya!

SmellsLikeIan

Good move on their part, I just think it's been too long for them to be able to ride on their Creed reputation, but maybe that's a good thing. Scott Stapp was a jackass. He's probably why I never liked Creed. Too over-dramatized. And I bet he stands in front of the mirror for 2 hours everyday trying to look like he just rolled out of bed. Rot, Scott Stapp. Rot in your prefabricated, homogenized Hell.

Brother_Bong

SmellsLikeIan":3ohanjq1 said:
Good move on their part, I just think it's been too long for them to be able to ride on their Creed reputation, but maybe that's a good thing. Scott Stapp was a jackass. He's probably why I never liked Creed. Too over-dramatized. And I bet he stands in front of the mirror for 2 hours everyday trying to look like he just rolled out of bed. Rot, Scott Stapp. Rot in your prefabricated, homogenized Hell.
+100!!!!!
HAHA(oh, I'm crying over here) :lol:

stump

Bong":3qwvgxfj said:
SmellsLikeIan":3qwvgxfj said:
+100!!!!!
HAHA(oh, I'm crying over here) :lol:
X 2 on that! Stapp is cannon fodder! Not that he's a bad vocalist but he needs to lay off of the nose candy and keep his ego in check. What is it with vocalists and ego's? P.O.Y.

SmellsLikeIan

I'm lucky that the singer in my band is probably the least egotistical of us all. And he's extremely talented, more so that some singers I've worked with who were half the singer/songwriter he is and had 10 times the ego. :mrgreen:

EOTE_drummer

first of all, stump im glad you started this post! Alter bridge is by far my favorite band right now. I waited in line the night blackbird came out, and that cd is the greatest investment ive ever made. then we saw em in concert the next week. we was in the very front and it rocked hxc.

i always loved creed, and scott's vocals. but myles rapes scott! + he has TWICE the vocal range stapp has.

oh and if you want to see all the trouble scott has been in, wiki him. you would be surprised how many times he has been arrested, and for what. from oral sexvideo's with kid rock and some fans backstage, to picking a fight with 311.

Scott Stapp = Drunk

Brother_Bong

EOTE_drummer":27ugkd0l said:
first of all, stump im glad you started this post! Alter bridge is by far my favorite band right now. I waited in line the night blackbird came out, and that cd is the greatest investment ive ever made. then we saw em in concert the next week. we was in the very front and it rocked hxc.

i always loved creed, and scott's vocals. but myles rapes scott! + he has TWICE the vocal range stapp has.

oh and if you want to see all the trouble scott has been in, wiki him. you would be surprised how many times he has been arrested, and for what. from oral sexvideo's with kid rock and some fans backstage, to picking a fight with 311.

Scott Stapp = Drunk
I think thats unfair to drunks like me, you have to be more specific.
Scott Stapp= Pathetic, Egotistical, Homely, Irresponsible Drunk.
There, I hope I cleared that up! :p

stump

PDP9000":1rlx9jny said:
Scott has gotten way better now and i like his cymbal set up
by mixing A-custom and Z-custom cymbals.
Yeah I like his cymbal set-up as well. I actually play an A-Z custom combo myself and love it. Peace on ya!

Potatoe Snack

I saw them in at some festival w/ Clutch in MD last month. They were awesome, only shows I've ever been too where I'm up against the front gate, so I good view of everything. I hate to say their CDs bore me alittle bit, but they put on a great show.

Best part is, I got in for free :lol: :D I was on Alter Bridges guest list. Nice having a PRS employee in the band....

PDP9000

stump":2ogn96j7 said:
PDP9000":2ogn96j7 said:
Scott has gotten way better now and i like his cymbal set up
by mixing A-custom and Z-custom cymbals.
Yeah I like his cymbal set-up as well. I actually play an A-Z custom combo myself and love it. Peace on ya!
O cool i think im gonna try the A-custom and Z-custom combo too.

TheYardstick

And people say an old dog can't learn new tricks.

I'm very happy to see this improvement, and in my mind he has gone form respectable to actually being pretty darn good.

EOTE_drummer

you guys should try an A custom high hat top, mixed with a Z custom high hat bottom. nice results

or K & A (or is it Z?)