Nervous or excited buying your 1st stage quality drumkit?

lmills40

I am a beginner drummer and have been practicing for around 3 years.
I am in my first band, an all female band, and I just bought my first stage
quality kit. A C&C custom made, the Flaming Lips had one like this..aAcrylic
hot pink see through. Question, is everybody just as nervous as I was? Is this normal
or should I have been more excited than nervous? There are soo many options and I wanted
to make sure I was getting the right kit for me. :?

racefan33

I remember I was obsessed with what sizes and what color I should get for my first "real" drumset. I changed my mind a thousand times. It's natural.

Congrats on the new kit. Sounds really cool. Put up a picture of it.

JAdrums2k

My first kit was a 5 piece set of chrome Ludwig rockers.... I saw them in the window and had to have em. I was way more excited than nervous.

Sounds like a cool kit.. let's see em

m

lmills40":14lxwqgb said:
...I just bought my first stage
quality kit. A C&C custom made, the Flaming Lips had one like this..aAcrylic
hot pink see through. Question, is everybody just as nervous as I was?
sounds like a cool kit! we better see some pics when you get it~ :)
I think it's certainly normal to be excited about any 'first' when it comes to gear.
I remember my first custom bass- wondering if the specs were going to mesh to create a great instrument, hoping it would meet my expectations. There's a certain degree of nervousness involved, I supposed.

I just commissioned my first totally custom drum kit a few weeks ago, and will receive it in Nov, looks like. Not really 'nervous' about this one because I've been working with this company for a while now and I know their quality, already have a bunch of their gear. But when you pick all the specs from scratch, I guess there's always room in the back of your mind to wonder what it's really going to be like.
Definitely EXCITED, more than anything. That's definitely normal.

Assback

Man, I spent months deciding what kind of set I was gonna get after my first. I was stressing so bad on making sure I didn't spend a lot on a set I wouldn't like later or wouldn't dissapoint me after awhile. It's totally normal. Hope you like what you got

I've never heard a C&C that didn't sound amazing... lol Regardless of sizes, wood type, or finish... lol Amazing craftsmenship...

Good choice...

-Trent