Neil Peart Paragons

Lepricoin

What is everyones opinion on these cymbals? I recently bought two crashes, ride, hats, and a splash. I love the Paragon splash and the bell on the 22" ride is great too, though im still getting used to the crashes and the hats which are more noticably darker than my previous cybmals.

Let me know what you think!

Silzildrummer

I played a kit at Guitar Center not too long ago that had almost a full set of Paragons. All seemed like great cymbals, the ride and chinas were my favorite.

loop

I had the opportunity to play on Paragon splash... one of the best splashes I've ever heard!

m

I liked them a lot, but most were too big for my applications.
I tried to incorporate the aspects I liked most into the customs that Turk Masters made for me.

I think if I had to go with any off-the-rack cymbals, it would definitely be the Paragons. Plus, the Neil sig factor doesn't hurt, IMO!

scenekidsblow

I played the Paragon ride, wasn't too impressed.
Sounded good, just not my taste, didn't have a bright ping like I figured it would..

anavrinIV

theyre good cymbals but i want something that stands out a little more. all the cymbals are good but none of them are spectacular.

I test drove over 60 Sabian Rides trying to replace my Zildjian Ping Ride. Everything I was looking for was found in a 22" Paragon Ride.
The 18" Crash was very sweet and powerful sounding live and on 'tape'.

Johnny Cat

I have the 19" Chinese and the 8" and 10" splashes. Great cymbals. The 19" Chinese is incredible. I'm not a fan of the crashes or the hats or ride at all.

I went for the Sabian 22" AA Heavy Ride instead. It sounds far better IMO and sounds identical to Neil's old ride that came from the factory in New Brunswick that eventually became Sabian.

mattkinel

Wow, this is the best signature line of cymbals EVER, even tho im a paiste user.

The chinas and splashes are the gems of this line.

I love the bonham sound, but 2nd fav for me is Peart.

Dale

Lepricoin":2g54db35 said:
What is everyones opinion on these cymbals? I recently bought two crashes, ride, hats, and a splash. I love the Paragon splash and the bell on the 22" ride is great too, though im still getting used to the crashes and the hats which are more noticably darker than my previous cybmals.

Let me know what you think!
I've only heard one set of Paragons. It's hard to pass judgment on any Sabian or Zildjian line from just one set. But the set I heard was distinctly average.

kazzman

The only Paragons I like are the 8" and 10" Splash's. The rest of the line, I could really care less about.

genx3117

i have a 19" paragon china.....and god damn! its the best quality china out there. it has now booted off wuhans from my top 3 favorite chinas (the 20" paiste novo china, 20" zildjian classic china, and 19"/20" paragon china)

Johnny Cat

genx3117":32smk9zd said:
i have a 19" paragon china.....and god damn! its the best quality china out there. it has now booted off wuhans from my top 3 favorite chinas (the 20" paiste novo china, 20" zildjian classic china, and 19"/20" paragon china)
Awesome! The 19" really is a great cymbal. I'm addicted to mine.

doozerdrummer

the 20 inch crash i got is amazing super lioud and a pretty good crash ride with it, i want an 18 crash and the 19 in china as well