Need to mount snare drum so as to play it with pedal.

Dale

I want to mount a 5" deep snare drum so I can play it with a kick drum pedal with a stick attached. Does anyone know how I could do this and what mounts I'd need?
Thanks.

Scott_Hurford

i've been having the idea of doing tht for ages lol only idea i can think of is attaching a stick to your bass pedal with some good quality tape, i tryed it, but it was a bit awkward for me :S

Animal

Scott_Hurford":hlcvi8bq said:
i've been having the idea of doing tht for ages lol only idea i can think of is attaching a stick to your bass pedal with some good quality tape, i tryed it, but it was a bit awkward for me :S
What do you need that for?
Are you Rick Allen or something? :wink:

No, seriously;
I would suggest that you buy a cowbell footpedal bracket in order to get it mounted decently.

Then, I'd get a metal stick in the same diameter as the bassdrum pedal. Then, I'd drill a hole in the centre of a regular drumstick, at least 1/3 of the total length. Then simply tread the drum stick over the afore-mentioned metal stick, and voilla!

(Allthogh Gene Frenkle will not be pleased... :lol: )

drummert2k

i know thomas lang and benny greb along with other do this. but im not sure exactly what they use.

although this is what id do....

get yourself one of those TH-88I tom holders that attatch to the rim and a multi clamp that you can adjust so you can put the multi clamp on a stand with a pearl tube arm going horzonal and the end facing down so you can hang the snare from it. then get yourself a kick pedal anchor and theres some compay out there that makes a beater which holds a drumstick. cant think of the company right not. but there ya have it. playing a snare with a kick pedal.

FelterSkelter

drummert2k":1h9d85um said:
i know thomas lang and benny greb along with other do this. but im not sure exactly what they use.

get yourself one of those TH-88I tom holders that attatch to the rim and a multi clamp that you can adjust so you can put the multi clamp on a stand with a pearl tube arm going horzonal and the end facing down so you can hang the snare from it. then get yourself a kick pedal anchor and theres some compay out there that makes a beater which holds a drumstick. cant think of the company right not. but there ya have it. playing a snare with a kick pedal.
There's also a beater that is like the end of "Thunder Rods". Hmmmm......

FelterSkelter

FelterSkelter":i338bmo3 said:
drummert2k":i338bmo3 said:

I was thinking of using the timbale snare. It already has a cowbell-like mount attached. As does the jingle snare.

drummert2k

FelterSkelter":3vtei1x8 said:
FelterSkelter":3vtei1x8 said:
drummert2k":3vtei1x8 said:

I was thinking of using the timbale snare. It already has a cowbell-like mount attached. As does the jingle snare.
jingle snares are fun. that would be a pretty neat thing to play with your left foot or something. you'd get the snare attack and hear the jingles and everyone infront of you would have no idea how you're hitting 2 differant sound sources with your one foot.

FelterSkelter

drummert2k":3g1dxefo said:
FelterSkelter":3g1dxefo said:
FelterSkelter":3g1dxefo said:
drummert2k":3g1dxefo said:

jingle snares are fun. that would be a pretty neat thing to play with your left foot or something. you'd get the snare attack and hear the jingles and everyone infront of you would have no idea how you're hitting 2 differant sound sources with your one foot.
Indeed.....indeed. Now all I need is a crowd.

Piddywiffle

Maybe something like this might help?

Look up DW bass drum/tom riser at http://www.interstatemusic.com

QUOTE FROM PAGE:
Super sturdy floor tom to bass drum conversion. Will hold any drum from a 20? bass drum to a 14? tom. Will hold odd shaped drums, such as a djembe or conga. Easily folds down to fit with your other hardware. Memory locks allow quick set-up every time.

skitch

Animal":6ats2xhb said:
Scott_Hurford":6ats2xhb said:
What do you need that for?
Are you Rick Allen or something? :wink:

No, seriously;
I would suggest that you buy a cowbell footpedal bracket in order to get it mounted decently.

Then, I'd get a metal stick in the same diameter as the bassdrum pedal. Then, I'd drill a hole in the centre of a regular drumstick, at least 1/3 of the total length. Then simply tread the drum stick over the afore-mentioned metal stick, and voilla!

(Allthogh Gene Frenkle will not be pleased... :lol: )
Something like this bracket might work if you mounted the snare on a RIMS mount.

nickbaldwin

shanemunzert":2fmhet5v said:
nobody really needs to play the snare with your foot. its pretty much a dumb idea altogether.
It leaves your hands free to do other things possibly?

I know someone who would love to do this, hes a great multi tasker. He drums, sings, and plays keyboard, at the same time!

FelterSkelter

shanemunzert":2p7la1eh said:
nobody really needs to play the snare with your foot. its pretty much a dumb idea altogether.
Great post, very productive. I think it's a great idea and the perfect solution to my problem (playing guitar or keyboard while keeping a beat going.)
You go ahead and do what "everyone else" does shanemunzert.