Need Help!

dbkman

Ok guys, as I said in another post, I just got a Sabian 16'' metal X crash. And I'm getting an 18". But here's my question, is the metal X 20 ride any good? Here's what I'm looking for.

1. clean cutting, high end bell
2. I also wanna be able to use the ride as a crash like justin foley for example. Maybe an actual ride isnt the answer.

So you guys help me out, I want a ride that can sound good as a crash. Cuz ill have 16 and 18 crashs, and then a 20 ride/crash would rock. ( and its gotta be sabian! ) rock out!

AmnestysLowEnd

michiganice91":1rk7gab1 said:
dbkman":1rk7gab1 said:
haha not happy with the A customs I take it? sorry that cracked me up.
i liked em before i discovered paiste :wink: . Dont get me wrong..I think sabian is the worst.
look kid went your parents stop buying you gear you will realize how ridiculosly priced Paiste is!!!!!!

frankl

AmnestysLowEnd":sb4f61ma said:
michiganice91":sb4f61ma said:
dbkman":sb4f61ma said:
i liked em before i discovered paiste :wink: . Dont get me wrong..I think sabian is the worst.
look kid went your parents stop buying you gear you will realize how ridiculosly priced Paiste is!!!!!!
Listen to your cymbals, don't listen to what people say & just compare the price tag. When will you crazy kids learn! I'm gettin' mighty sick of this kuffufle! GO TO BED!!

Alcyon

i find all the Metal-X series to be extremely heavy... i don't know how hard you hit, but it would be impossible for me to crash a Metal-X Ride... and even if i could, it would crack quickly. those heavy suckers eat up all the vibration and absorb it.

the bell is definitely loud and piercing, that's for sure, but it's nothing you couldn't get from an Ice Bell or a plethora of other rides... i've got the 21" AAX Stage Ride, it's amazing, the bell is lethal to eardrums and the sticking is pure.

SGarrett

Sounds like you want a thinner ride. The draw back is that the "ping" will wash out when you're using it as a ride. That's what sucks about A Custom rides, too much wash. So, bop around on Sabian.com and get some ideas for your next trip to the drum shop.

michiganice91

AmnestysLowEnd":t2dtp10m said:
michiganice91":t2dtp10m said:
dbkman":t2dtp10m said:
actually I have a job and bought all my paiste's

Alcyon

Seems like everyone and their mother uses that Zildjian A Sweet Ride, 21"... Travis Barker really popularized it and it just sounds really good crashed. You might want to give that a try. Besides that, depending on how hard you hit, experiment with lighter rides... If you really have to crash your ride, it's always going to be a trade-off between too much wash and crashability (that's not a word, I think I invented that).

Dude_on_Drums

I use my AAX Stage ride for 2 purposes : -when I need a cleaner ride-sound than the one I get from my Powerbellride.
-as a crash (mostly in combination with an other crash because of the lower volume)
I know those two sound a bit contradictory, but it's a very versatile cymbal.
I also think the bell is exactly what you're looking for.

I hope this is helpfull...
D_o_D