Need Help On Zildjian Cymbals

|-JAMIE-|

Hey guys, im new to this forum. i just need some help on some new cymbals. Im thinking about getting a ZBT Cymbal pack for $500AU which comes with 14” Hi Hats, 16” Crash and a 20” Ride. Im into rock/metal drumming. I only wanna spend around 500 as im still kinda new to drumming.
Any suggestions?

|-JAMIE-|

The pack of ZHT's are $799AU around here. I just want to have a good Ride, hi-hat and a crash that sounds good for metal drumming. Ive only just started drumming not that long ago.

break the prism

if you want something for metal without paying a lot of money, i'd suggest sabian b8 pro. sabian sheet bronze cymbals tend to be more durable than zildjian.

|-JAMIE-|

Yeah that sounds good, i found a cymbal pack of SABIAN B8's for $699AU and it comes with
* B8 14" Hi-Hats
* B8 16" Thin Crash Cymbal
* B8 18" Thin Crash Cymbal
* B8 20" Ride Cymbal
* B8 10" Splash Cymbal
* B8 18" China Cymbal
* FREE Cymbal Hardcase

Reckon that'd be a good idea?

TheYardstick

|-JAMIE-|":2r9ypcf2 said:
Yeah that sounds good, i found a cymbal pack of SABIAN B8's for $699AU and it comes with
* B8 14" Hi-Hats
* B8 16" Thin Crash Cymbal
* B8 18" Thin Crash Cymbal
* B8 20" Ride Cymbal
* B8 10" Splash Cymbal
* B8 18" China Cymbal
* FREE Cymbal Hardcase

Reckon that'd be a good idea?
What....the....hell....

Do we get deals like this in the US?

I'm thinking that's a good idea, but don't take just my word for it.

skitch

|-JAMIE-|":20b27u0k said:
Hey guys, im new to this forum. i just need some help on some new cymbals. Im thinking about getting a ZBT Cymbal pack for $500AU which comes with 14” Hi Hats, 16” Crash and a 20” Ride. Im into rock/metal drumming. I only wanna spend around 500 as im still kinda new to drumming.
Any suggestions?
Jamie,

Honesty, if you look hard enough you may be able to find better quality used which translates into you wanting to play more which translates into you becoming a better drummer which translates into reaching your goals. You just have to do some bargaining and investigating online and at drum shops, pawn shops, etc. Keep your eyes and options open!

andybfrank

Get a pair of New Beat or Mastersound high hats and an A medium ride or A Sweet ride (or something else that's very crashable, but not low end). Don't waist money on low end cymbals that you'll want to replace later. You can crash your ride.

break the prism

i was going to suggest that. there are many ways to get high-end cymbals without paying much more than low-end cymbal packs. the answer is to stay away from packs (especially on zildjian or sasbian)

if you like the hi-hat, crash, and ride pack then why not try paiste alphas. they're an almost pro level cymbal for the price of a low-end. durable and powerful as well.

kansasdrummer

if you can find a cheap set used go for it, but when buying new cymbals, its best to get good ones if you plan on drummin for a while. That way in a couple years, you dont spend even more on better cymbals.

skitch

kansasdrummer":5g8alzu6 said:
if you can find a cheap set used go for it, but when buying new cymbals, its best to get good ones if you plan on drummin for a while. That way in a couple years, you dont spend even more on better cymbals.
Thus throwing good money after bad! And this why I suggest looking for some high end Zildjian, Paiste or Sabian cymbals which have been used, even if they aren't exactly what you want.