need help finding a snare stand

hey everyone...

i'm really having a hell of a time finding a snare stand that fits my needs...

the problem: depending on the band i'm playing with, i either play a 13x7 or a 12x6.5 snare. basically, every snare stand i've used is meant for a 14 inch drum so positioning my snare has always been a pain in the ass.

i recently saw the pearl c2000 eliminator stand, which accepts drums from 10 to 16 inches and ordered it immediately.

the problem i'm having, which will see me putting the stand on ebay later this afternoon, is that even at it's lowest setting, my 13x7 snare is at nearly the same height as my rack tom... and i don't play my rack tom extremely low (i've got a 10x7 or a 12x7 tom about an inch about a 20 inch kick)

i don't think i sit really low (have a pork pie throne a few spins away from it's lowest setting)

i guess i'm asking for leads on low sitting snare stands.... i know dw use to make one, but i'm guessing they discontinued it because i can't find it anywhere. i'd really like the stand to fit my snares as well... but that may not be possible. the only thing that's mandatory, besides having a really low starting point, is that it can't have a 'tooth' style tilter.

also... does anyone know anything about those pearl snare stand adapters? do they only work on pearl snare stands?

dbkman

DW and yamaha make great snare stands...one I hate though is pearl. I play at this one church and that snare stand is so stupidly awkward to handle and move. It's just really poorly designed.

dw snare stand - i actually had one of those for the longest time... again, the problem would be with it fitting a 12 or 13 inch snare without it being really awkward.

leg angle - basically my legs are flat / straight. like they would be if i was sitting in your typical kitchen chair. i hate sitting over my drums. i'm a big fan of rim shots so my snare's usually a little bit higher than the tops of my legs. all my other hardware (sans throne) is dw.

i found this snare stand: http://www.music123.com/Ludwig-LM922SSL-Double-Braced-Low-Snare-Drum-Stand-446386-i1342043.Music123 and thought about giving it a shot, though i've never used ludwig hardware.

i figured for $60, it wouldn't hurt to try... especially after shelling out $125 for that pearl stand.

the thing that really sucks is none of these sites have info regarding minimum height / max height. seesm like a fairly standard spec.

yeah... i saw that, but i find it a bit confussing.

most websites say the 9303 will hold a 10 or 12 inch drum. others say it will hold a 10, 12 or 13 inch drum.

also... i guess when i think of a piccalo, i think of a drum with a depth less than 4 inches which would lead me to believe the stand was fairly high.

again... you think minimum / maximum specs would be pretty common in the descriptions of snare stands....

anavrinIV

you do sit pretty low, and your toms are quite low as well. if you sit higher and move everything up relative to where you sit you should be fine.

anavrinIV":2vlrrdt6 said:
you do sit pretty low, and your toms are quite low as well. if you sit higher and move everything up relative to where you sit you should be fine.
no... it's not the same.

i've been playing since i was five (so about 25 years) and i've always sat low. i've tried moving everything up and it just feels weird.

SGarrett

sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire":irubgiy7 said:
anavrinIV":irubgiy7 said:
no... it's not the same.

i've been playing since i was five (so about 25 years) and i've always sat low. i've tried moving everything up and it just feels weird.
Of course it feels weird, it's new. It will help you with some of these issues though.

And this is the site I'd believe; http://www.dwdrums.com/hardware/9303.htm.

SGarrett":qbdooxg1 said:
sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire":qbdooxg1 said:
anavrinIV":qbdooxg1 said:
no... it's not the same.

Of course it feels weird, it's new. It will help you with some of these issues though.

And this is the site I'd believe; http://www.dwdrums.com/hardware/9303.htm.
i get where you're coming from. unfortunately, i did give it a chance... i think i played sitting a few inches higher for a month or two and just didn't feel comfortable.

it's amazing the difference a few inches makes.

jnewlon_drum

u shud try the pacific 700 series snare stands...i have a 13" piccalo side snare an i have it set up even with my other snare,but it cud also be adjusted to go alot lower or higher....theyr sturdy stands...i dont have any complaints about them at all....that an i mean theyr not going 2 burn a hole in ur check book either cuz they r under $40 if u look around online....the only thing i have 2 say is get the double braced one tho if u were going 2 get one....but i know that these stands wud hold a smaller snare 2 cuz i just messed around with it b4 i sent this message...so i garentee that this will hold smaller snares 2....other wise i agree with the other guys....get sumthing dw....they make great hardware....but good luck on ur hunt!! i hope i helped u any....