Need a new crash, what would suit...

GypoDrummer

What kind of crash would suit my current cymbals??

i currently have a 10" ZXT Zildjian titanium fast splash, 18" ZBT Zildjian China, and a 20" Meinl Meteor Ride (i'm gonna get a new one after i get a new crash)

So basically,
what crash cymbals would suit my current setup? i am currently using a 16" Meinl Meteor, although I'm looking for an 18"

ohh, and I'd rather the cymbal suit my china, then the splash heh..

any suggestions?

anavrinIV

mist-x, diamond, soundcaster custom, mb20, byzance, amun, aax, aa, hh, hhx, a, a custom, k, k custom, 2002, twenty, traditional, signature...take your pick. if youre looking bright, 2002, mist-x, aa, aax, a, a custom, mb20, amun and soundcaster custom will suit well. for a darker sound k, k custom, signature, diamond, hh, hhx, traditional, or byzance will do better. my advice is stay away from z customs and rudes because they sound like unmusical slabs of metal to me.

personally, aax is my tried and true choice for bright cymbals, but i havent gotten my hands on any saludas yet. i have a pair of 2002 hihats that are beautiful. for dark crashes, the hhxplosion is a beauty, as well as signatures and k custom sessions. i would dearly like to try some saluda diamonds and meinl byzances though. all the companies with any kind of reputation will deliver a quality cymbal, its all in what your ears say they want.

mrgreenjeans2234

hmm.

well. depends on the music your playing
and what your using the ride for

if your a metal drummer or harcore and crash your ride
i would suggest a cymbal that compliments that rather
than your china
but to throw suggestions out there.
if you want a zidjian then id say go with an a custom
or a series depending on what you want to play
a custom your going to geta more musical ping sound
where with a series a more metalic but yet versital and classic sound

if you want to mix brands
id say sabian
aax
or aa

GypoDrummer

anavrinIV":2f8si6xr said:
mist-x, diamond, soundcaster custom, mb20, byzance, amun, aax, aa, hh, hhx, a, a custom, k, k custom, 2002, twenty, traditional, signature...take your pick. if youre looking bright, 2002, mist-x, aa, aax, a, a custom, mb20, amun and soundcaster custom will suit well. for a darker sound k, k custom, signature, diamond, hh, hhx, traditional, or byzance will do better. my advice is stay away from z customs and rudes because they sound like unmusical slabs of metal to me.

personally, aax is my tried and true choice for bright cymbals, but i havent gotten my hands on any saludas yet. i have a pair of 2002 hihats that are beautiful. for dark crashes, the hhxplosion is a beauty, as well as signatures and k custom sessions. i would dearly like to try some saluda diamonds and meinl byzances though. all the companies with any kind of reputation will deliver a quality cymbal, its all in what your ears say they want.
righto,
guess i'll have fun at the music store trien all these cymbals out! haha
cheers, peace.