Mystery China.

anojeezick

What kind of china is this. I just found and I have been playing it for a little bit. I have never heard of the company. Anybody know? Is it worth anything?

Any help would be awesome.

drumshark

I tryed googling it, and i found a few things, but not much in the way of price, i did see one thing though, and if its acurate, then its not worth too much, but if it sounds good, then cool, you just found a nice cymbal.

christopherabruce

It's a Rancan. I've got two. They were made in Wuhan, China, and LP put their name on them. I don't think that LP has distributed them for at least ten years.

anojeezick

christopherabruce":1t7s07a6 said:
It's a Rancan. I've got two. They were made in Wuhan, China, and LP put their name on them. I don't think that LP has distributed them for at least ten years.
So it is old. Nobody has the worth. If they have been discontinued for so long then maybe.. maybe not. If not then I'm gonna clean it and have me a nice little china. Cool.

skitch

It is a Rancan - just guessing by the name Rancan inked on it! LOL! Distributed by LP and yes, made in Wuhan, China. This is the china (Wuhan) sound you hear on older recordings such as Subdivisions by Rush. Bands would be on tour in China and there might be a stack of these in a market place. Then a drummer on tour would happen across them, like Carl Palmer, and buy a couple. THis was before the Zildjian China Boy model came out and probably influence Zildjain to do so. I never understood why Sabian never made any like these.