my tamas

anavrinIV

these are my vintage blue tama swingstars that i got in october of 2003...my first shells, but many of the cymbals have come a long way.

10x12, 11x13, 16x16 toms
22x16 bass
6x14 piano black vented spaun maple snare

cymbals:
14" zbt hihats inverted (bottom on top), (hopefully soon to be replaced with 2002 soundedge hats)
12" wuhan china (cracked)
18" paiste signature full crash (cracked...got it that way...never trust ebay)
10" aax splash
14" aaxplosion crash
18" zbt china (needs to be replaced, but its not urgent)
21" hh raw bell dry ride (my baby)
18" aaxplosion crash (my workhorse crash)

roc-n-soc nitro throne
iron cobra powerglide doubles
tama, pacific, gibraltar hardware
evans coated g2s over g1s on toms, hd dry over hazy 300, emad with stock reso
lp red jam block and cyclops tambourine

Joi

Nice Kit! The Ride and all the Sabians also. There's no such thing as a AAXplosion Splash,sorry dude, not even a 14" Sabian AAXplosion Crash.

Joe

Scott_Hurford

Joi":372rgoar said:
Howepirate":372rgoar said:
Joi":372rgoar said:
Nice Kit! The Ride and all the Sabians also. There's no such thing as a AAXplosion Splash,sorry dude, not even a 14" Sabian AAXplosion Crash.

Joe
you moron...http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=446805

think b4 u open that mouth
Then why isn't it on the Sabian Web site, asshole. There was no need for name calling.

Joe
with all due respect, becoz it isn't listed on the site, doenst mean it aint out. Zildjian takes a while to advertise new items on their site, even tho the product is for sale

BUT i can see your point, it shoud be listed on the site even tho it hasnt been yet.

Joi

Scott_Hurford":1gfkeo9b said:
Joi":1gfkeo9b said:
Howepirate":1gfkeo9b said:
Joi":1gfkeo9b said:

Joe

Then why isn't it on the Sabian Web site, asshole. There was no need for name calling.

Joe
with all due respect, becoz it isn't listed on the site, doenst mean it aint out. Zildjian takes a while to advertise new items on their site, even tho the product is for sale

BUT i can see your point, it shoud be listed on the site even tho it hasnt been yet.
I don't think the AAXplosion crash 14" is new. It would be listed, maybe they've stopped manufacturing the 14" AAXplosion crash perhaps? Tho I think it's unlikely. But the question remains, why were they on Musiciansfriend but not on the official Sabian Site?

Joe

Howepirate

Joi":tx7osqvo said:
Scott_Hurford":tx7osqvo said:
Howepirate":tx7osqvo said:

Joe

Joe

I don't think the AAXplosion crash 14" is new. It would be listed, maybe they've stopped manufacturing the 14" AAXplosion crash perhaps? Tho I think it's unlikely. But the question remains, why were they on Musiciansfriend but not on the official Sabian Site?

Joe
they actually have discontinued them...but their still floating around

anavrinIV

its definately a 14" aaxplosion crash...i was supposed to get a free 14" hhx crash when i bought my ride (the reason i bought it when i did...it was my favorite one anyway but free stuff is icing) but gc was out so i asked for this one and ended up getting it for $30. great price for a great cymbal

anavrinIV

BoogieWoogie":2p1cxo4h said:
stop quoting u idiots!

i like ur set but replace those hats!
those are the next things to go but my financial situation isnt too forgiving right now and id have to spend at least 250 to get something that i like. and besides, the hats dont sound bad. honestly, theyre easily the best part of the pack that i got and i dont mind playing them. if they were that bad they would have been replaced. im looking at paiste soundedge 2002s and a custom mastersounds because the sabian hh fusions that i wanted jumped to $400...a little out of my range and i cant find them to try them. id also like to replace the sig full with a 16" aaxplosion, i need to pick up a new 12" wuhan, and id like to get the 16" and 18" k custom session crashes too.

i have expensive tastes....

anavrinIV

Drummersefton":23a7el4j said:
I do like you cymbals very nice, AAX are such nice cymbals for a lot of styles of drumming, although i do prefer A Custom :)
play what you will, i like my aaxs. i do look forward to the day when i can afford a couple k custom session crashes though.

Piddywiffle

Yay! Im not the only one in the world with a swingstar! :lol:

Of course im lacking the assorment of cymbals... Which we're working on.

Cheers tho man. I can dig it.

Piddywiffle

Oh! And im diggen that Roomba too... do those things actually work well? It be nice to just send one around my apartment every once in a while :?

anavrinIV

Piddywiffle":cdtffc4r said:
Oh! And im diggen that Roomba too... do those things actually work well? It be nice to just send one around my apartment every once in a while :?
i guess it works...my room always has too much stuff on the floor to set that thing loose in it.

thanks for the compliments, guys. i know its not the greatest set in the world but ive done a fair share of work to make them the best they can be.