my sticks are bouncing off badly !

bubnjar-pula

I have a huge problem and I don't know how to solve it...i have an remo ambasador x on my snare drum and as much as I tighten it up my sticks just don't bounce off like thy do on other snares that I played...what may be the problem? :?: :?:

Johnny Cat

Tightening the bottom head can help with rebound. Or at least, that's what I've observed. Of course you'd have to be willing to contend with the difference it's going to make on the sound of your snare drum if you want to do this.

bubnjar-pula

scrubs":n4xljrsv said:
What type of snare drum? Is the drum vented? Is it a new or old head?
welll it's a tama rockstar steel snare...the head is brand new...the hole is a normal one if thats what you mean...it's small

tabbott23

You will get more bounce over near the hoops, but I'm afraid that's just a problem with the head. Same happens with Emperor X. I bought one by accident because the box just said Emperor and I didn't have time to check! It's because that dot is very thick: in the middle it's almost like playing two heads. It just will deaden everything. Get yourself a normal Emperor or CS. They're thick enough and strong enough (if that's what you're after) but there's plenty of bounce when it's tightened. And Moongel does wonders in getting rid of those high overtones when you're all tightened up. Just place a Moongel pad next to your hoop. The closer you get to the hoop, the less overtones because they get dampened close to their source.

Hope that fucking long ramble remotely hepled!