my setup

Dave2094

Pacific Drums LX series, drum sizes are: 8x7 (this drum is brand new), 10x8, 12x9, 14x11 and 16x14, 5x14 snare and 22x18 kick. Cymbals are Sabian B8 16" medium thin crash, 18" medium thin crash, 20" ride, 14" Hi Hats, 12" splash, 6" Zildjian A Custom splash and my NEW 18" Sabian AA Metal-X Chinese. I'm currently in the process of shopping for new cymbals to upgrade all my cheap B8's. My double pedal is a DW accelerator.

Dave2094

JLoubs34":3pe7uc05 said:
i like the drum arrangement, could really jam out on something like that with the 5 toms
Yeah it's fun to play...thinking about getting a rack in the near future but I'll probably wait until I get my side snare and a few more cymbals before I rack it all.

Dave2094

Llama_Dude":3bqgsm84 said:
Are those, like, bench pressing weights on your stands?
actually yes they are, however, I have no idea why the one is on that stand over by my china, those stands are heavy duty. But the stands by the hi hat are crap and they aren't very sturdy. I have since upgraded my stands and mounted my 6" splash on a boom arm/clamp and my 16" crash is on a PDP 900 series stand. My other stands are all PDP 900 and PDP 800 series stands.

I think it's time for a rack!

cgaffka

i like it.. looks a little different but cool. and yeh id go with the rack, with all those toms a rack is the way to go

hangman

Hey,very cool kit.I was wondering,how do they sound in person?I was just looking at a kit in a different color.Im a little curious before I take a chance on buying them.

SamRdrummer

Yea...nice set up. I have an FS series kit. Bought the PDP rack system. DEFINITELY get the rack! You'll love it. I only mess with 2 stands - snare and hi-hat. Gotta love it.

Dave2094

hangman":1jlb7l3g said:
Hey,very cool kit.I was wondering,how do they sound in person?I was just looking at a kit in a different color.Im a little curious before I take a chance on buying them.
The kit sounds great!
Mine is the LX the only model higher than that is the LXE which the only difference is the finish. The drums sound great. My only problem is I have Evans EC2 heads and I think the drums had a lower fatter tone with the factory heads. I think they'd sound a little better with some Remo Pinstripes but I LOVE the kit. DW quality at a fraction of the price!

SamRdrummer":1jlb7l3g said:
Yea...nice set up. I have an FS series kit. Bought the PDP rack system. DEFINITELY get the rack! You'll love it. I only mess with 2 stands - snare and hi-hat. Gotta love it.
Yeah I know I want it so bad, just gotta save some cash for my rack!

McSleeps

Nice set up! having 5 toms is great. If your planning on more cymbals then a rack would definatly be a good idea. The PDP racks are good, but if your moving your kit around and gigging, and your conserned about weight then the Pearl icon racks are very light and strong. I have an AA Metal X China too, and man they sound great and they can take quite a pounding!

Zim

nice set up get a rack it makes set up so much easier and faster. I can load in and set up in less than 20 minutes.Mine is a sonor birch set satin finish.I need ata cases now.