My Set. Yay.

Cheerful-Bear

Yup. Here it is. I recently revised my setup, so I decided to post it here. Specssssss:

Pearl VLX Vision in Amber Fade:
10x8, 12x9, 16x16'' Toms
22x18'' Bass
Drums made by me:
13x6.5'' Snare
6x18'' Octoban (I don't have a mount for it, so I set it on the floor. This is why there's a vent in it.)

Pedals:
DW 7000 Double Bass
Pearl Hat Stand (I dunno which)

ALL Saluda Cymbals (right to left):
14'' Glory Hats
16'' Mist X Sweet Crash
8'' Symbolic Splash (had to be fixed twice, that's why it's vented)
14'' Exotic Prototype China
10'' Black Mist Splash
18'' Mist X Sweet Crash
21'' Mist X Heavy Dry Ride, cut from 22'' with Black Mist finish and a Raw Bell (haha)
18'' Voodoo Pre-Aged China (cracked :( )

Drumheads (being replaced soon, hopefully):
Remo Black Suede Emperor Tom Batters
Pearl Stock Tom Resonants
Remo Suede Emperor Bass Batter
Pearl Stock Bass Resonant
Evans HD Genera Dry Snare Batter
Remo Hazy Diplomat Snare Side
Remo Clear Emperor Crimplock Octoban Batter

Picturesssss:
n1281112897_236492_6262.jpg

n1281112897_236494_6213.jpg

n1281112897_236495_7169.jpg

(Sorry for poor quality, these were taken on cell phone)

SGarrett

Looks nice. The good thing about traditional chinas is that they actually sound better when they're cracked. :D Try tilting it towards you a little more.

Cheerful-Bear

I'll try that. I'll also plan on getting an Aquarian Cymbal Spring sometime soon. I'm sending it to Saluda to vent the crack so it doesn't grow.

metldrummer2112

Question for you Cheerful, I'm planning on trading in my chinas for Saluda Voodoo Pre-Aged Chinas. How did yours sound before the crack?

anavrinIV

metldrummer2112":398wgn6m said:
Question for you Cheerful, I'm planning on trading in my chinas for Saluda Voodoo Pre-Aged Chinas. How did yours sound before the crack?

they'll sound like slightly thicker wuhans. all of them from the voodoo line will.

Alan_

if they sound like wuhan's, dark, low-pitched, and trashy, with a decided "bark" to the sound.

anavrinIV

metldrummer2112":10l8d3s2 said:
Had I ever played a Wuhan that would have helped...........

Does dark and trashy fit the description of a pre aged voodoo?

my bad...I'm used to everyone in the drum world having owned about 500 wuhans...

yes, they are dark and trashy. saludas are made from the same blanks as wuhans so they will sound very similar. honestly, I think that the voodoos aren't worth the money when wuhans are cheaper and sound just as good, if not better.

Drumosaurus

metldrummer2112":6xd6swq1 said:

I would say so. i got a 22" from that line.

Alan_

I have bought all my wuhans for just ridiculously low prices, and I also have an agazarian china which I'm assuming is probably also from the wuhan region that I paid 15 bux for.

the kit looks like it would be extremely easy for me to play. good job.

Cheerful-Bear

The suede sounds pretty good on the bass, quite a bit of punch, but I think I'm going to get a clear head on that soon.
The Voodoo sounded exactly like the china sound I want. Aggressive and trashy. I've never played a Wuhan, but I have played something very similar to it and I'd say the Voodoos compare to that look and sound. I don't know if one is any better than the other.

metldrummer2112

Alan_":3w0r9nad said:
if they sound like wuhan's, dark, low-pitched, and trashy, with a decided "bark" to the sound.

Wow, exactly what I want! Thank you!

anavrinIV":3w0r9nad said:
metldrummer2112":3w0r9nad said:

my bad...I'm used to everyone in the drum world having owned about 500 wuhans...

yes, they are dark and trashy. saludas are made from the same blanks as wuhans so they will sound very similar. honestly, I think that the voodoos aren't worth the money when wuhans are cheaper and sound just as good, if not better.

It's cool. I didn't realize how good wuhans were until about the point Guitar Center and my drum store stopped selling them. I do have a 12" Agazarian, but since it's small it doesn't sound very low

Alan_

the agazarian is gonna be great for recording, methinks. it's so small that the volume doesn't chop your head off.

question: i am completely reheading my kit top and bottom heads, and the suedes look interesting. i play metal and am wondering what kind of sound do they give. i want a punchy open tone with not too much ring. what does the suedes sound like?

Cheerful-Bear

I guess it's kinda in between coated and clear. I'm not really sure how to describe it. I really love the Evans EC2's. These suede's died pretty fast.