My Practice Kit

zen_drummer

Most of you have seen my gigging kit made by Trick, but I finally got around to snapping a few pics of my Catalina Birch Gretsch practice kit that lives in my practice space.

These are cell phone pics, sp please, no art critics!

SPECS:
Gretsch Catalina Birch, Made in early 2006
18x20 Kick
8x6 Tom (two of 'em)
8x10 Tom
9x12 Tom
14x14 Floor Tom
5x14 Snare

CYMBALS: MANY...
Meinl 10" Splash (classic)
Wuhan 12" Splash (Dark)
Wuhan 12" Splash (Bright)
14" Meinl Raker HiHats on Axis Integrated Rack Stand (Custom made stand)
14" UFIP HiHats (on X hat)
20" Wuhan Ping Ride with Rivets
18" Wuhan China with Rivets
16" Wuhan China
22" A Zildjian Medium Ride
18" K Zildjian Medium Ride
18" Sabian AAXplosion Crash
20" Meinl Crash Ride (OLD!)

RACK:
PDP Curved Main Rack (Modified to death)
Gibraltar and DW additional Clamps
Gibraltar Boom Arms

PEDALS:
Some old Pearl Junker Bass Pedal
Custom Made Axis Hi-Hat integrated into an aluminum Rack Tube

zen_drummer

Lancelot Frosty":fl7qvgq4 said:
I say Zen.
Very nice. And I like what you did to the rack.
Thanks Frosty (and others that complimented the rack)

The basic curved DW or PDP rack was kind of boring and the side curves are too short to do much with, So I reconfigued the side curves into the little wing things on the bottom and put the center bar on sideways so it got that arch effect.

Thn I added two side bars that are straight on each side... the right side has a leg and foot on it, the left side goes back to the Axis (OLD version) HiHat stand which is built INTO a 1 1/2" rack tube. That gave me lots of room for more cymbal booms on both sides. The 4 rack toms just barely make it between the main legs because they are pretty small toms.

I think it has kind of an art deco look to it.

EVERY clamp and memory lock has a number on it so all you have to do when setting it up is play "match the numbers". The ENTIRE KIT goes from cases to setup in 15 minutes.

Lancelot Frosty

zen_drummer":3aayes6a said:
Lancelot Frosty":3aayes6a said:
I say Zen.
Very nice. And I like what you did to the rack.
Thanks Frosty (and others that complimented the rack)

The basic curved DW or PDP rack was kind of boring and the side curves are too short to do much with, So I reconfigued the side curves into the little wing things on the bottom and put the center bar on sideways so it got that arch effect.

Thn I added two side bars that are straight on each side... the right side has a leg and foot on it, the left side goes back to the Axis (OLD version) HiHat stand which is built INTO a 1 1/2" rack tube. That gave me lots of room for more cymbal booms on both sides. The 4 rack toms just barely make it between the main legs because they are pretty small toms.

I think it has kind of an art deco look to it.

EVERY clamp and memory lock has a number on it so all you have to do when setting it up is play "match the numbers". The ENTIRE KIT goes from cases to setup in 15 minutes.
15 minutes.
I'm kind of at a loss for words. :lol:
I don't like drumracks, but if they looked like that, than maybe I'd be more willing to use one.
Sounds like you did a fair deal of work to get it to look like that, however... :lol:

zen_drummer

xdoseonex":36itsqhp said:
that curved bar on the bottom looks like it right in front of your bass drum. where does that thing go?
These pics will help you see what's actually happening with better perspective... the small curves are ony 24" long, they don't even reach all the way to the kick drum.