my new yammies

anavrinIV

i went to guitar center yesterday to try out some sets since ive been looking for a new one but i wasnt planning on buying any. that, however, changed when i found this set. i went back today with a couple of my cymbals, a pair of sticks, and a tuning key, and left with a new set.

yamaha birch custom absolute nouveau
8x10
9x12
14x14
16x16
18x22

6x14 spaun vented maple snare

cymbals:
14" paiste 2002 soundedge hihats
9" sabian radia cup chime
18" paiste signature full crash
10" sabian aax splash
14" sabian aaxplosion crash
21" sabian hh raw bell dry ride
18" zildjian zbt china
12" wuhan china
18" sabian aaxplosion crash

iron cobra pedals
roc-n-soc throne
tama, pacific, and gibraltar hardware
heads will be coated g2s over clear g1s when i change them, and i need to get a new emad, and st dry over hazy 300 snare

Howepirate

That my friends is a beautiful set of yammies. Great snare, great drums, great cymbals, great everything! You've got a wonderful kit there man.

devilspain

very nice dude!!! shame you didnt go the mapex route lol :p. nah how does it sound?? like sirens on the rocks??

Timekeep69

I know how that happens. I went into a music store once just to look and I walked out with a 9 piece Remo MasterTouch.

anavrinIV

thanks for the kind words guys.

screamkevin, i know you play yamahas and i totally understand why.

devilspain, i couldnt find any mapex sets around here to play and this became the better deal when i found it. ive been in love with these kits for a while and im extremely happy to have found one tha i could afford.

timekeeper, i know the feeling very well. i dont usually have the money to just buy on a whim but if i did i would have a noticably larger snare and cymbal collection.

ive been working on changing heads and tuning up, and these drums are singing even more. they came with clear g2s over emperors (stock yamaha batter heads) and with the coated g2s over clear g1s they came to life like i didnt know they could. i was also skeptical of the nouveau lugs but the metal ones seem to do exactly what they were designed to do.

devilspain

are those the lugs you can take off and just put on a new head and replace the hoop again and the lugs fit snuggly back on?? if im talkin shit ignore me. thot it was a feature of your range of yamahas

Sudz

no devil, you're talking about the nouveau lugs. Those lugs aren't nouveau.

Sick kit man!! I'm a yammie and sabian guy myself. How do you like the HH ride?

screamkevin

Sudz":1m811u5x said:
no devil, you're talking about the nouveau lugs. Those lugs aren't nouveau.
Actually, they are the Nouveau lugs. Look at the rounded portion where the lug joins the shell. That's where the node is to pop the lug off for head changes.

Sudz

oops my mistake. I was under the impression that only the polymer nouveau lugs were capable of quick switching. Thanks Kevin :D

anavrinIV

yes, they are nouveau lugs. ive heard about problems with the plastic ones breaking but these are steel and do their job just like theyre supposed to.

rob, im by no means rich and i cant just buy whatever i want, but by a combination of circumstances ive had enough to upgrade my set pretty nicely over the past year or so.

hack, i coulnt tell you why...they just are.

anavrinIV

today i replaced all the heads with hte coated g2s over clear g1s and the toms opened up even more, and these things have a very wide tuning range. all i have to do is tune up or tune down and they sound good.

also, i moved the 14" tom to the left and the 16" up to where the 14" was before and im loving having a floor tom on each side.

these drums just sound too good....

Rob Crisp

anavrinIV":33orcsxc said:
yes, they are nouveau lugs. ive heard about problems with the plastic ones breaking but these are steel and do their job just like theyre supposed to.

rob, im by no means rich and i cant just buy whatever i want, but by a combination of circumstances ive had enough to upgrade my set pretty nicely over the past year or so.

hack, i coulnt tell you why...they just are.
Oh no mate, I wasn't suggesting you were rich, just that I wish I was so I could have the most monster collection of sexy drums in the history of drumming.... ever!! :D

phoenix7289

"Tama customer service."
"Yes, I'd like to report a Tama Drummer has been lost to Yamaha..."
"*insane swearing on Tama's end*"

jk dude, not a bad set.... I hope this doesn't mean you're gonna become a hardcore Yamaha person though? >.<

anavrinIV

phoenix7289":2u70fcqf said:
"Tama customer service."

jk dude, not a bad set.... I hope this doesn't mean you're gonna become a hardcore Yamaha person though? >.<
hahahaha.....nice fake conversation.

im not really hardcore toward any brand....sometimes i have preferences toward one brand or another on whatever piece of equipment im looking at at the time...these just happened to be the right drums for the right price at the right time. this set sounds amazing.

phoenix7289

anavrinIV":30nsydj1 said:
phoenix7289":30nsydj1 said:
"Tama customer service."

hahahaha.....nice fake conversation.

im not really hardcore toward any brand....sometimes i have preferences toward one brand or another on whatever piece of equipment im looking at at the time...these just happened to be the right drums for the right price at the right time. this set sounds amazing.
Same thing with my Superstar Customs. Random impulse buying. XD I totally was just thinking I was gonna get some freakin nice cymbals.. maybe a new ride and get the Paiste 18" I DID get... but yah, you get the idea.