My new Pearl EX 825 black

killdrum1983

Hey guys i just bought last saturday the Pearl Ex 825 in black with the black hardware and a horrible picture of Vinnie Paul on the drum head lol.

It has :

Snare drum 14 x 5½

Bass drum 22 x 18

Floor tom 16 x 16

Tom tom 13 x 10

Tom tom 12 x 9

I put the second tom as a floor tom on a stand and the floor tom is just next to it.

I'd like to know what do you guys think about that one. I like it, the bass drum is longer than my previous one and has a powerful sound.

I know it's not the best one but i think that in this price range it's one of the best no?

thanks for your posts

Alcyon

Same kit as mine, no complaints. Sounds good all tuned up. I recommend Evans EC2s or some RemOs etc. to get rid of the over ring that the toms have. Kick sounds amazing with an EMAD.

I'm planning to switch to a Tama Superstar for the 24" kick but this is a great kit for the price no matter what anyone says. Pro, touring musicians play this kit.

Solid and dependable. Good pick!

killdrum1983

Alcyon":1uhegdkf said:
Same kit as mine, no complaints. Sounds good all tuned up. I recommend Evans EC2s or some RemOs etc. to get rid of the over ring that the toms have. Kick sounds amazing with an EMAD.

I'm planning to switch to a Tama Superstar for the 24" kick but this is a great kit for the price no matter what anyone says. Pro, touring musicians play this kit.

Solid and dependable. Good pick!
Thanks man i'm glad i made a good choice :D i had read good things about this drums set so...

Thanks for the head advices too i'm gonna note that ;) i think i'll go for the Remo's :D

Do you think it would suit for the style i'm playing? I'm playing something like punk rock heavy with some hardcore influences...^^

A 24" bass drum?? this must be huge!!! :D

Alcyon

The RemOs aren't really heads, they're just these plastic rings that sit on top of the head and take out the ring. I think Remo Pinstripes are the equivalent to EC2s but I'm not up to speed with Remo heads.

I play my kit in a post-hardcore band and a metal band, so I think it will definitely fit your style especially in the flat black with black hardware :p.

24" isn't as big as a 26" (which is frickin' huge) but is a satisfyingly large drum to sit behind.

killdrum1983

Alcyon":2ttnibfk said:
The RemOs aren't really heads, they're just these plastic rings that sit on top of the head and take out the ring. I think Remo Pinstripes are the equivalent to EC2s but I'm not up to speed with Remo heads.

I play my kit in a post-hardcore band and a metal band, so I think it will definitely fit your style especially in the flat black with black hardware :p.

24" isn't as big as a 26" (which is frickin' huge) but is a satisfyingly large drum to sit behind.

Ok i see what you mean with the plastic rings ;) Yeah i think the style will fit perfectly as you said :D

What do you think of the snare? i left the pearl pro tones heads but i had a Remo Emperor X on my previous snare and i loved the sound, so i'm thinking about taking it back or maybe another drum head...

I like my new snare cause it's now in wood and my other one is in metal...

drummer912

sounds like a nice kit, i really like pearl stuff, i use their eliminator pedal and love it. i also own evans ec2s and remOs. i ust to use the remOs on top of some cheap remo batter heads and personally i think they kinda make the drums sound dead. they also buzz sometimes. i much prefer the ec2s and pinstirpes to using muffling rings. i really like how these two heads contol the overtones enough but leave just enough to let the drums resonate well. this is all stirctly my opion, though.

Macacones

Very nice...
Congratulations by your new pearl...
I love Pearl drums...

I have a Forum... It's not good... But i am a begginer...
But on the final of the year i will buy another drum...
I am thinkin on a Pearl Session!

What you tell me about Export?
Did you liked?