Pnkdrmmr

I've never even played a kit as nice as these

DW Lacquer Specialty Tobacco, not a fade
All drums have Vertical Low Timbre

Snare: 14x7 Edge
Toms: 12x8, 16x13, 18x14
Bass: 20x18

XIxPxGX

you got nice stuff dude. i like your snare and your finish on both. you also got nice cymbals. i wanna eventually get a better kit like a dw or a custom drum kit maybe even a pearl masters but id say dws are better

Pnkdrmmr

Those Pearl Masters are nice, but if you know exactly what you want, DW is the only road worth taking. I Promise.

thesoundbully39

Beautiful kit man, I own a set of DW's on a Pearl rack and absolutely love them as well!

As for the "not all their cracked up to be" post, that is an absolute misjudgment. They are actually extremely easy to tune, because you simply tune the top and bottom heads exactly the same and tune till you get that desired resonance. It's very easy to find the perfect pitch.

DW's in my opinion are the Mercedes among all drum sets. I love mine to death (especially after owning a Sonor kit for 8 years!) and I doubt I will ever switch to anything different.

Once again, beautiful!

Ericinho6

Going along with the whole "tuning issue" if it can be called that.

I heard that DW toms (tom-toms) have a tendency to sound like Pearl Tenors do (marching tenors) where it almost sounds like you're hitting in the center of the tenor drum...kind of dull, no sustain, no color to it and what not. Is this true, or am I just needing a reason to slap someone?

Howepirate

Well, I can tell you from working in a shop that carries both....I wouldn't play a DW kit if they paid me!!!!
We had to stop carring DW in the shop because they are f**king up orders . In fact, every kit we ordered for customers last year came in with some problem. There was one kit that was even built backwards. (example...instead of a 22 head size x 18 deep...The guy got 18 round and 22 deep) Come on!!!!!! Do drummers work at this place????? They made the whole kit like this.
Had another dude order a timeless timber kit and it came in soaking wet with laquer!!!!! After he waited 18 months. A 3000 bass drum, shipped wet. It was like they sprayed the thing, put it in a box and shipped it. I worked in a shop that has carried Sonor for 15 years and in that time only one or two minor things have ever shown up. Maybe a tension rod was bent! OH big deal.
I'd take that any day over the plies falling out of my floor tom. YES, THAT HAPPENED TO A CUSTOMER OF DW TOO!!
DW makes about 150,000 kits a year, Sonor makes under 10,000.
Who's gonna give you a better kit??
D.

That is a post by Derek Roddy...PWNT

Eiren

Take on board though that he is currently sponsored by Sonor, so he is a little biased on that front :lol:

Howepirate

Eiren":1jmhwoz7 said:
Take on board though that he is currently sponsored by Sonor, so he is a little biased on that front :lol:
hes not biased you moron hes just owned and played a lot of kits he liked sonor so he got endorsed by them he also works at a drum shop in Fl and notices the poor craftsmanship of DW drums

Eiren

So you're saying that all these artists on here:

http://www.dwdrums.com/artists/roster.asp

... are idiots, who don't know about good drum construction?

If you apply Derek Roddy's logic to everything, then you are better off getting your kit from a custom company that only makes 100-1000 kits a year, since they'll obviously be spending more time constructing your kit than Sonor would.

I'd think about that a while, before calling others morons.

The fact of the matter is that you can get awesome DW kits. DW make a lot more kits than a lot of companies, so as you increase the numbers... you also increase the probability of getting a defect on a kit.

Pnkdrmmr

The reason the 18" has different Legs in those pictures was because they forgot to put the legs in the box.

They took care of that and i had them like 5 days later.

Everyone likes their own thing.

I think Pearl and Tama makes horrible drums.

Dont take my word for it, make your own decision.

Sonor makes pretty good stuff from what i've seen, as does Gretsch, DW, Yamaha, Ludwig, etc.

Orange County can suck a "d". Every kit i've heard from them sounds like balls.

C&C, Truth, Creation, and Risen all make good kits, i've gotten up close and personal to a number of those.

Howepirate

Pnkdrmmr":2y3xgcoj said:
The reason the 18" has different Legs in those pictures was because they forgot to put the legs in the box.

They took care of that and i had them like 5 days later.

Everyone likes their own thing.

I think Pearl and Tama makes horrible drums.

Dont take my word for it, make your own decision.

Sonor makes pretty good stuff from what i've seen, as does Gretsch, DW, Yamaha, Ludwig, etc.

Orange County can suck a "d". Every kit i've heard from them sounds like balls.

C&C, Truth, Creation, and Risen all make good kits, i've gotten up close and personal to a number of those.

I agree with that in the sense that OCDP sucks lolz

Pearls ok. their masters series is really good.

But to reply to the post before this. DW drums endorses people. DW drums wants to keep those people happy. Endorsement deals are usually only mebbe 60 - 80% off drums which means they just get their kits for a buttload less than that ( and yes i can back this up ). They know their making kits for theses artists that tour all over the world pushing their product everywhere which means more sales for them. No not every little guy is gunna get screwed by DW because hes not a product pusher but if i spent 3-5k on a set and the plys in my toms fell apart i would crap a cow if that kind of craftsmanship went into the set of my dreams!