My Gretschtables

Liquidlen

Gretsch USA Maple. These pics are kind of crap, but this is a tough kit. I love it. The 10" tom when dialed in is toot sweet! The hats, pedal and snare in these pics are different. I have no complaints about this kit. I mean none! I hope you like it, and soon I'll make a point to take some better pics. Thanks. Oh, by the way, I'm new round here, so, nice to meet ya.

Specs:
Wine Red
Kick: 22"
Toms: 10" 12" 14"
Snare: 14x6.5" Pearl Signature Eric Singer Model (silver sparkle)
Hats: 14" Zildjian New Beats
8" Sabian Paragon Splash
10" Zildjian A Custom Splash
16" Zildjian A Custom Crash
18" Zldjian A Custom Crash
21" Sabian Vault Ride
14" Zildjian China Trash
Double Pedal: Pearl Eliminator

Liquidlen

phoenix7289":208xlmql said:
So tell me how the Vault Ride sounds??? Nice kit!!!
The bell is killer. Actually, that whole cymbal is a perfect smooth clean ride. I'm afraid I'm not one of those guys who can describe the dark rich undertones or whatever, but I do indeed love that ride. I encourage anyone and everyone to try one out. Thanks!

phoenix7289

Liquidlen":t10ycgtj said:
phoenix7289":t10ycgtj said:
The bell is killer. Actually, that whole cymbal is a perfect smooth clean ride. I'm afraid I'm not one of those guys who can describe the dark rich undertones or whatever, but I do indeed love that ride. I encourage anyone and everyone to try one out. Thanks!
Let's say you're hitting it really really fast, like power speed metal fast... does it ring much or do you have a clear stick definition and you can hear each tap and not just riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggg cuz I have a Sabian B8 and oh god.. that thing rings A TON!!!

Liquidlen

phoenix7289":wf7nlrxb said:
Liquidlen":wf7nlrxb said:
phoenix7289":wf7nlrxb said:
Let's say you're hitting it really really fast, like power speed metal fast... does it ring much or do you have a clear stick definition and you can hear each tap and not just riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggg cuz I have a Sabian B8 and oh god.. that thing rings A TON!!!
Ok, gotcha. You hear (no matter how fast you play it) every attack clearly and it does not produce excesive ring. Are you using nylon or wood tips? That will change the sound dramaticaly. I use Vater Nude power 5B wood tips, and that cymbal sounds fantastic. I've played K rides, which are awesome, but a little dry for me. This is a bit brighter than that, and like I said earlier, the bell cuts trough so well. I get alot of compliments from friends who play the kit, and they always admire the ride. Compared to the Sabian B8, it's really not even a comparison. No offense inteneded, but you asked. Go check one out, I'm telling you, it sounds amazing. If possible, play it on a kit to see how it works with everything else.
Although, if you are playing speed metal, maybe you should check out the Zildjian Z custom ride, or a Sabian AXX. Seems like alot of speed metal dudes play those. Check everything out. I also like a simple-don't-fix-it-if-it-aint-broke typeride like a Zildjian Ping Ride or sweet ride. Go explore the one thats right for you and have fun!

phoenix7289

Liquidlen":ejfm8yxv said:
phoenix7289":ejfm8yxv said:
Liquidlen":ejfm8yxv said:
phoenix7289":ejfm8yxv said:
Ok, gotcha. You hear (no matter how fast you play it) every attack clearly and it does not produce excesive ring. Are you using nylon or wood tips? That will change the sound dramaticaly. I use Vater Nude power 5B wood tips, and that cymbal sounds fantastic. I've played K rides, which are awesome, but a little dry for me. This is a bit brighter than that, and like I said earlier, the bell cuts trough so well. I get alot of compliments from friends who play the kit, and they always admire the ride. Compared to the Sabian B8, it's really not even a comparison. No offense inteneded, but you asked. Go check one out, I'm telling you, it sounds amazing. If possible, play it on a kit to see how it works with everything else.
Although, if you are playing speed metal, maybe you should check out the Zildjian Z custom ride, or a Sabian AXX. Seems like alot of speed metal dudes play those. Check everything out. I also like a simple-don't-fix-it-if-it-aint-broke typeride like a Zildjian Ping Ride or sweet ride. Go explore the one thats right for you and have fun!
I see... yah I utterly hate the B8, diss it all you want. ^_^ I am also looking at the Paiste Signature Reflector 22" Power Bell Ride and the Sabian HH 22" Power Bell Ride <-- It has a MASSIVE bell.

evolusean13

dude, i went into manny's music in NY and i tried a gretsch. i like fell in love.. the snare was AMAZING!!! the fullness of the toms were just as crazy. and what a deal. it was like a natural red wood wrap type. 700$ with hardware an iron cobra. i want it. 2 racks 2 floors bass and snare. zomg! lucky man!

Liquidlen

evolusean13":100mxhl5 said:
dude, i went into manny's music in NY and i tried a gretsch. i like fell in love.. the snare was AMAZING!!! the fullness of the toms were just as crazy. and what a deal. it was like a natural red wood wrap type. 700$ with hardware an iron cobra. i want it. 2 racks 2 floors bass and snare. zomg! lucky man!
Sounds nice. I'm a big fan of my Gretsch kit, enough to recomend it to anyone. I hope you get it.

drummer912

evolusean13":39uusvt2 said:
was tht the catalina maple? if so thts a great deal

shell set=$699
hardware=at least $200
iron cobra=$339

nice man buy it and ship it to me plz. i'll pay u 750 lol.

phoenix7289

drummer912":8ktlj352 said:
evolusean13":8ktlj352 said:

shell set=$699
hardware=at least $200
iron cobra=$339

XD

Liquidlen

phoenix7289":2dbtjhuj said:
drummer912":2dbtjhuj said:
evolusean13":2dbtjhuj said:

shell set=$699
hardware=at least $200
iron cobra=$339

XD
I actually paid $1,000 for my USA maple kit new at guitar center hollywood. It had some wear on two of the badges, so that brought the price down to a grand. I asked the guy, "Is that all that's wrong with them?" He said, "Yep". So I replied, "I'll take 'em, right now." And that was that. I love them. Seems like the badge is a pretty expensive part of the kit.

phoenix7289

Liquidlen":2hv66fht said:
phoenix7289":2hv66fht said:
drummer912":2hv66fht said:
evolusean13":2hv66fht said:

shell set=$699
hardware=at least $200
iron cobra=$339

XD
I actually paid $1,000 for my USA maple kit new at guitar center hollywood. It had some wear on two of the badges, so that brought the price down to a grand. I asked the guy, "Is that all that's wrong with them?" He said, "Yep". So I replied, "I'll take 'em, right now." And that was that. I love them. Seems like the badge is a pretty expensive part of the kit.
LOL
GOTTA HAVE THE BADGE!!!

Got badge? :p

rufus4dagruv

Super sick deal, man. I scored my Renown maples for $900 brand new, but if I could have gotten the USA maples for a hundred more, I would've freaked out. Nice score.

Liquidlen

rufus4dagruv":8tncm93z said:
Super sick deal, man. I scored my Renown maples for $900 brand new, but if I could have gotten the USA maples for a hundred more, I would've freaked out. Nice score.
Thanks!!!!

I do love them.