My gorgeous Pearl Masters MMP (lt.ed) kit!

Evral

Hi there, fellow drummers!
I'm unfortunately not an active user in here, but anyhow; I'm really proud of my kit, and I would like to share it with you, fellow geeks! :)

Pearl Masters Premium (MMP)

Made of sweet sounding maple, and the dimensions are the following:
8"x7", 10"x8" og 12"x8" racktoms
14"x14" og 16"x14" floortoms
22"x18" bassdrum
14"x6,5" snare

Finish: Black on black w/red inlay (Ltd. edition)!

These pix are from this summer, but since then, the only big difference is switching from my good, 'ol Eliminator too the new, fancy Demon Drive. And now I use Evans EC2 (clear) on my toms - with great success I must admit.
Some of the cymbals in these pictures are only used at rehearsal. In live- and studiosettings I use different stuff, according to situation and style of music.

There's also a homemade snare (ex-Shiro 10x8"-tam), a Roland SPD-S, a Roland V-pad and some percussion in there. And; I almost never use the remote-hihat anymore.

A better pic of the finish, but this is a Reference-kit:
http://www.harmony-central.com/ProductImages/Large/000033202.jpg

drummerfreek55

You, sir, have made me jealous! Very nice, and yeah I remember seeing the similar finish on the Reference series right after that came out and I loved it. I think you've officially outdone me on cymbals (see Pearl Export Expansion for mine). Rack setup looks clean and I'm sure it sounds wonderful! Really nice!

Evral

Thaks a lot, guys!

drummerfreek55":g3ss8g2a said:
You, sir, have made me jealous! Very nice, and yeah I remember seeing the similar finish on the Reference series right after that came out and I loved it. I think you've officially outdone me on cymbals (see Pearl Export Expansion for mine). Rack setup looks clean and I'm sure it sounds wonderful! Really nice!
I fell in love immediately myself, even though I'd promised myself to never buy a black kit again, haha. But the red details did everything!
It's a dream to play and tune, and I'm really, really happy with it. Very versatile soundwise, and I've used it both in studio and on stage, and i just turns out great in practically any situasjon, and fits almost every style of music.

I didn't like racks that much before, but over the years, more and more cymbals and stuff were adapted, and I realized - "if I don't do something, I'll use like 3 hours to put up my kit!" Also, there was a lot of stands, and it didn't look pretty good, so I got a rack, and damn..! Now I'm really satisfied with the setup. It looks cleaner, and saves me a lot of time...!

Nice setup I'm not usually a fan of black kits but the setup is nice. Except for the snare and 16" floor tom sizes there pretty much the same sizes I want for my custom kit.

Evral

possumofdestruction":17d04ixi said:
do you bring that whole thing to gigs?!
Well, if there's enough space on stage; no problemo. Since I got the rack, it takes no time to set it up.

(And thanks again, guys! :) )

blastbeats666

+1 to what bong said

wow just wow. the kit itself and the set up is spectacular, i like the diversity in cymbals, all of which are amazing from my knowledge, and just everything looks great.

just flat out wow

DRUMSMYWIFE

Haha yeah, I love my Pearl VX Vision drums in Jet Black, and Paiste Cymbals, Evans heads, Pearl and Gibraltar Hardware, and Vater Sticks. A drum kit is a drum kit. I even loved my old set, a Peavy IS II, that was so crappy I could go on and on.

Thorsteinn

That is a beautiful set, and I am really impressed with the set-up even though I am not particular to Pearls. Must be an absolute joy to play.