My future drummer

spacemanspiff

This is my daughter playing on my kit. She's 2.5 years old and loves to bang around on it.

I'm gonna go buy her some of those "kid-sized" drumsticks this weekend.

Jriddim

haha thats awesome man....you can nver start too early!...If i ever have a kid i will strap drums to their crib :)

GiveItAll

i was in guitar center the other day and a guy was with his daughter who looked no older then 5 and was asking her opinions on some snare drums, well she climbed on the kit and WOW she was good for being so young...i think its awesome seeing that though get her some kid sized drums to jam out on lol

Rockula!

Unfortunately, by the time she gets bigger she will still have to deal with ignorant statements like "You're pretty good for a girl"

mlumpkin13

To which she will probably reply "Yeah well, you suck for a guy!" Anyway, awesome. We gotta keep the tradition going. The next generation needs drummers too.

Assback

lol, shit's funny. Glad to see you and your daughter will have something to bond over. One day when I have kids they'll be drummers for sure (but not for a LONG LONG time)

FiestyRedDrummEr

my four year old sister knows all her paradiddle, and flams.I also taught her some of my old drum corp warm ups (the really simple ones). she also can read whole, half and quarter(which she calls money notes). on paper.
She is pretty awesome and really wants to learn. she has a natural talent. and she has great tempo!
I'm proud.

JAdrums2k

That's great...... she's a natural!!!

I used to take my broken sticks and cut and sand them down to size for my daughter when she was 4...

wgarci4

That's awesome. I would definitely encourage anyone -- no matter what age -- to pursue music, especially drums. Choosing to play drums is the best thing I ever did, and it's not even my profession!

Sara_Tama!

mlumpkin13":3ki7poep said:
To which she will probably reply "Yeah well, you suck for a guy!" Anyway, awesome. We gotta keep the tradition going. The next generation needs drummers too.
HAHAHA! I shall HAVE to use that come back next time some guy says "your pretty good for a girl " too me!

that girl is too cute....wish i had started from that young!

Henry George

Yes that's brilliant man,start them young,I hope you buy a mini kit soon.
I gave my boy an old accoustic when he was just crawling.
Of couse he pushed it around the floor,swanged the strings and filled the hole with anything.
I played little tunes, tuned it to an open tuning and let him go with it.
He didn;t start playing until he was about 8 and he demanded that I transcribe some Hendrix riffs.
I taught him the pentationic scale then he started improvising.
Now I forget how many guitars I bought him. Today he has a Gibson,gigs with his own band,
Presently he studies jazz/guit. in first year uni.

Yeah,so give 'em somethin' to bang or swang.