My first drum video. Dont' be too harsh lol.

DrumFiend0206

This is my first video I've ever made. I don't think it's too bad, but it's not great either lol. A couple of my friends showed up with a video camera so we decided to record some of our playing. I had no idea what to play so I just went off the top of my head, and this is the first time I've had my double pedal on my kit in a couple months.

Let me know what you guys think of it, and any critiques that you might have.

Thanks. :)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Y0YFbcje3k"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Y0YFbcje3k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

and if that doesn't work, here's the url...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y0YFbcje3k

DrumFiend0206

SGarrett":6glvbyhf said:
Nice, dude. Put a little more feel into the funk grooves and you'll have 'em.
Thanks, I'll definitely try that. I've been told that I'm a little "cold" when I play. So I'll try and work on that. Thanks for the advice and comments guys. I appreciate it. :)

SGarrett

DrumFiend0206":3j18dkq1 said:
SGarrett":3j18dkq1 said:
Thanks, I'll definitely try that. I've been told that I'm a little "cold" when I play. So I'll try and work on that. Thanks for the advice and comments guys. I appreciate it. :)
No problem, bro. I wouldn't say cold, but I can hear you thinking while you play. Listen to some James Brown and P-Funk or Herbie Hancock and the Headhunters for more technical funk. You've got the tools, get the feel and you shouldn't have any problems getting work.

DrumFiend0206

SGarrett":9sov1f0v said:
DrumFiend0206":9sov1f0v said:
SGarrett":9sov1f0v said:
No problem, bro. I wouldn't say cold, but I can hear you thinking while you play. Listen to some James Brown and P-Funk or Herbie Hancock and the Headhunters for more technical funk. You've got the tools, get the feel and you shouldn't have any problems getting work.
Thanks again man. That's really nice of you to say lol. I'll definitely check out some James Brown and P-Funk like you suggested man.

SGarrett

DrumFiend0206":dz3cornt said:
SGarrett":dz3cornt said:
DrumFiend0206":dz3cornt said:
SGarrett":dz3cornt said:
Thanks again man. That's really nice of you to say lol. I'll definitely check out some James Brown and P-Funk like you suggested man.
Wouldn't have said it if I didn't mean it. :)

thats good stuff there mate and your bass drum teqniq is rather good like

and i agree with that guy u need to put a bit more feeling in but i am guilty or the same thing

MikeyVPT

You've got some nice grooves in there... sure, we can hear you thinking about what you'll play next, but you'll have that. The more I play what I like to play, the smoother it is. Other people can feel it more if I can feel it more, ya know what I mean? Overall, great video for just putting something together!

Check mine out at www.youtube.com/MikeyVPT

Keep it up!

mortem

SGarrett":3l652p6r said:
DrumFiend0206":3l652p6r said:
SGarrett":3l652p6r said:
hell yessss, 70's Hancock is the best funk ever made...

oh and yeah.. cool video, DrumFiend :wink: just as SGarret said, work of the groove part, you should have no problem.