My first cover...check it out!

drumschick07

Hey guys. I finally got the guts to post some of my playing.

Here's my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/msricey07

Here's the vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WglrmO5CHWU

I know you can barely hear the bass, my next recording I'll be taking the pillow out of it. But if you happen to have headphones on you can hear it good. and I'm minus one crash on this one. I'll be getting a new one in a week or so.

Go easy on me! Leave me some comments/advice!

In some spots it didn't sync right.

shine.fm-youth

you look really really comfortable while playing
and that's really really awesome
esp. if you haven't been playing that long
keep that up and you're good to go

drumschick07

I've actually been playing about six years, almost seven.

It doesnt really show much in my vids, But they are hard to hear since my drums dont sound the best. I think once I get the mics and mixer it will be a 100 times better.

Check back on my channel, cause I'll be posting some harder stuff later!

Thanks Shine!

anyy more advice guys?

MasterShake89

hahah, hell yea. accent customs!

good job, in your time playing, you've taken your drumming to a level i dont see many female drummers reach. you are pretty relaxed, and each stroke you play is deliberate, without any hesitation. good stuff. keep it up and show us more whenever you get em.

shine.fm-youth

MasterShake89":2zdtm2kp said:
you've taken your drumming to a level i dont see many female drummers reach. you are pretty relaxed, and each stroke you play is deliberate, without any hesitation. good stuff. keep it up and show us more whenever you get em.

not even being a girl,
it's a level that takes awhile for most drummers to reach..
you noticed the sames things you did

you're relaxed, and like shake said
each hit is very pronounced and to the point
without over hesitation or over thinking it

MasterShake89

shine.fm-youth":3k96gef0 said:
MasterShake89":3k96gef0 said:
you've taken your drumming to a level i dont see many female drummers reach. you are pretty relaxed, and each stroke you play is deliberate, without any hesitation. good stuff. keep it up and show us more whenever you get em.

not even being a girl,
it's a level that takes awhile for most drummers to reach..
you noticed the sames things you did

you're relaxed, and like shake said
each hit is very pronounced and to the point
without over hesitation or over thinking it
yeah, you're right shine,
I guess its harder to see female drummers "get to that level" just because of the fact they are spread so few and far between. but yea, you've reached a level of musicianship thats gonna help carry you through the rest of your musical life, regardless of the fact your a girl.

drumschick07

Cheer-ful Bear-Yeah its one of their new songs off of their new album Indestructable. Get it. Its awesome!

Thanks for all your comments! I appreciate it.

You guys are too nice, I was expecting worse! :)

Howepirate

You are so relaxed, your motions are fluid, and you grasp the concept of good placement and ease of use within the kit. Very impressed.

Brother_Bong

You absolutely suck. Quit now and avoid any more embarrassment. Girls can't play drums.

Is that what you were expecting? Well, your not gonna get that here. I think you did a great job. And like the boys said, you were relaxed and deliberate, two very important keys to playing. Keep it up!

Asdex

Man! That's good! I even can't play as relax as that! Damn! I learn drums for around 5 years now and I think I can't play as good as you! hahahah...

drumschick07

BrotherBong- thats exactly what I expected!

I appreciate all your comments.

I'll be posting more vids to subscribe or whatever and see what else I have. I always am looking for someone to tell me what I can improve on.

I'm going to try to post more songs with double bass in them :D