My DW's and ddrums.

kazzman

Alright. It's been a while since I last posted here. Hope you enjoy my kits.

Drums

DW Collector's Series. Maple shell, silver sparkle finish.

8x10 tom
10x12 tom
12x14 tom
14x16 tom
18x22 bass
2x8 piccolo tom

ddrum Dominion series. Maple shell; snow finish.

7x13 snare
9x12 tom
13x14 tom
13x16 tom
20x20 bass

6x14 Orange County snare, maple shell. broken glass finish.
6.5x14 Spaun snare, maple shell; ebony finish.

Tama Octobans
6x11
6x11.75
6x13.5
6x15.5

Cymbals

3 6" Zildjian Zil-Bells
8" Sabian Paragon splash
9" Zildjian Zil-Bell
10" Sabian AAX splash
10" Sabian Paragon splash
13" Zildjian A Mastersound hi-hats
14" Zildjian A Custom Mastersound hi-hats
2 16" Sabian Vault Crash
16" Wuhan China
2 18" Sabian Vualt crash
18" Wuhan China w/rivets
18" Zildjian Oriental china
20" Paiste Rude Power Ride (for live use)
20" Piaste Signature Full crash
21" Sabian Hand Hammered dry ride (for recording use)

Auxiliary percussion
Pearl cowbells
Pearl jamblocks
LP Windchimes
LP Tambourine

All stands and pedals are DW 9000 series.
I used Evans coated EC2 heads on the DW toms; Evans coated EC snare w/power dot on the snares; Remo pinstripes on the octobans; Remo power stroke 4 on the ddrum toms; Remo power stroke 3 on the ddrum bass and a Remo powersonic on the DW bass. Pro-mark size 5A, Japanese Oak sticks, nylon tip.

DW kit

ddrum kit

kazzman

I love them. The main reason I bought them was for a practice kit and I might just end up using them live every now and then...

brandon8robinson

God! that first drum set has so many cymbals, but you must go on a lot of gigs, since you said live and all.

How much money did that cost total?

I totally get why you bought a Ddrum practice set, if I were to buy a practice set i'd go Ddrum.. Or maybe pulse.

Howepirate

brandon8robinson":1hdsluyv said:
God! that first drum set has so many cymbals, but you must go on a lot of gigs, since you said live and all.

I totally get why you bought a Ddrum practice set, if I were to buy a practice set i'd go Ddrum.. Or maybe pulse.
Ddrum is a quality manufacturer of drums. That DDrum set is brilliant. Pulse is crappy(terrible wood, hardware, manufacturing, etc). What i think this dude was goin for was something that would have a sturdy well manufactured set of drums made out of a great wood, Maple.

DDrums punx is total crap as is any drum manufacturers crap. Besides DW their custom. But seeing as PDP is the same company...and they make crappy sets to. You just sound like an idiot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kazzman

brandon8robinson":2kgv5lnk said:

I don't have the exact quote, but I estimate probably around $6k for everything.

And my band is just starting to gig regularly. Depending on our status in the gig (opener, headliner, etc), determines if I take the entire DW kit. For gigs we travel across and out of state though, I'll take the ddrum kit.

What i think this dude was goin for was something that would have a sturdy well manufactured set of drums made out of a great wood, Maple.
Exactly. I wanted something that was affordable, but also with a good enough quality to be able to gig with as well if needed. I considered getting a PDP CX series kit, initially. But I was won over to ddrum back in September after talking with Casey Grillo (drummer for the band Kamelot who is endorsed by ddrum) as well as another ddrum endorser whom I know and when I had the chance to play the kit, I fell in love with it instantely. Hell... I just did a recording session today on the DW kit with the ddrum snare. That thing sounds killer!