MY DDRUM DIBALO DEATH PUNX!!!

WesNyle

I havent bought it yet, but ive played it at this in town shop, the kick drums sound amazing, he had remo pinstripes on top and ambassadors on bottom, great sound for $780!!!!

Blond_Duke

1. i don't like the double bass, to much dicking around
2. i don't like the whole layout of it all
3. i have played that before it's not smooth playing

But if you like it then go for it man!

break the prism

i'm tellin you, man you're better off with an intermediate level pearl, tama, or mapex. ddrum is all about looks, and it costs an arm and a leg.
you can get a much better kit for 400-500 bucks

Blond_Duke

break the prism":3gpa5wsk said:
i'm tellin you, man you're better off with an intermediate level pearl, tama, or mapex. ddrum is all about looks, and it costs an arm and a leg.
you can get a much better kit for 400-500 bucks
I have one but it's not like that. Yes, it has the looks but i put the work into making mine a good set. But the layout of the one he picked....GAHHH

SuNoAnBuKi

Half of the responses on here dont make sense, so dont listen to them. DDRUM is a great company with great products, however the Punx line is an entry level kit so you have to expect that kind of quality from it. I own a Dominon Player kit and I couldnt be happier with it, they're alittle more expensive but its worth it. Then again who can argue with a 7 piece kit with hardware for under $1,000. I was actually comtemplating purchasing the Death Punx as well just for that reason. Bottom line, do what you want - the guys and I dont play your kit, its up to you.

Howepirate

SuNoAnBuKi":mxiyhvld said:
Half of the responses on here dont make sense, so dont listen to them. DDRUM is a great company with great products, however the Punx line is an entry level kit so you have to expect that kind of quality from it. I own a Dominon Player kit and I couldnt be happier with it, they're alittle more expensive but its worth it. Then again who can argue with a 7 piece kit with hardware for under $1,000. I was actually comtemplating purchasing the Death Punx as well just for that reason. Bottom line, do what you want - the guys and I dont play your kit, its up to you.
Naw dude most people are just sayin that theres muuuuccch better entry level kits then the DDrums though there much better series like the dominions and such are verrrrry nice

SuNoAnBuKi

Yeah, no doubt. I'm just a fan of DDRUM through and through, I'd rather have a 20" deep bass drum and a 15 ply snare for super cheap rather than pay more (or the same price) for I.S.S mounts, or full length lugs. However, I do like the new Superstar Hyper Drive kits that Tama released, even if they do have full length lugs.

anavrinIV

PDP9000":1ubef5j6 said:
im gonna tell you stright up that kit sucks and Ddrum is a horrible drum company
heve you played anything above a punx set? if not, you cant judge them. punx sets sound bad but from everything ive heard the rest of the lines are very nice.

ddrumbum

anavrinIV":16iu9fb8 said:
PDP9000":16iu9fb8 said:
im gonna tell you stright up that kit sucks and Ddrum is a horrible drum company
heve you played anything above a punx set? if not, you cant judge them. punx sets sound bad but from everything ive heard the rest of the lines are very nice.
I went thru three ddrum dominion kits, they all sucked, just a bunch of crap drums, seriously they were horrible, laundry list of defects, I strongly recommend you get a differant kit

SuNoAnBuKi

I thought your first two kits were Diatribes? Thats all I saw you post on here except the Dominion Ash kit that you got for free after your first two kits. You have to keep in mind - DDRUM only started making acoustic drums a few years ago, so some minor flaws should be expected. You don't think that Tama, Mapex, Pearl and PDP release faulty drums? I read an article a couple years ago where Modern Drummer or DRUM! magazine reviewed PDP's Tiger Ash snare drum and it had a busted throw off. Every company releases drums that are fucked up at one point or another - thats why we know how to check bearing edges. I understand that you went through three kits and somehow something was wrong with each one - but DDRUM tried their best to correct your problems and even gave you a free $999 drum kit as a final result. Are there any other companies who would do that? I got my DDRUM Dominion's a year ago and the bearing edges are fine, the lugs, tension rods, throw offs are in perfect working order and I couldn't be happier. Sounds to me like you just had bad case of luck, over and over again - but that doesn't give you room to say "just a bunch of crap drums" - because it was YOUR drums that were crappy, not mine or anyone else who hasn't had problems with their kits.

ddrumbum

SuNoAnBuKi":1vy240e9 said:
I thought your first two kits were Diatribes? Thats all I saw you post on here except the Dominion Ash kit that you got for free after your first two kits. You have to keep in mind - DDRUM only started making acoustic drums a few years ago, so some minor flaws should be expected. You don't think that Tama, Mapex, Pearl and PDP release faulty drums? I read an article a couple years ago where Modern Drummer or DRUM! magazine reviewed PDP's Tiger Ash snare drum and it had a busted throw off. Every company releases drums that are fucked up at one point or another - thats why we know how to check bearing edges. I understand that you went through three kits and somehow something was wrong with each one - but DDRUM tried their best to correct your problems and even gave you a free $999 drum kit as a final result. Are there any other companies who would do that? I got my DDRUM Dominion's a year ago and the bearing edges are fine, the lugs, tension rods, throw offs are in perfect working order and I couldn't be happier. Sounds to me like you just had bad case of luck, over and over again - but that doesn't give you room to say "just a bunch of crap drums" - because it was YOUR drums that were crappy, not mine or anyone else who hasn't had problems with their kits.
No question they tried to make it right, and I truly appreciate that BUT
Three drumkits with the same problems, bad bearing edges, bad throw-offs, bad hardware, and seriously the list goes on, that is not just bad luck, that is POOR craftsmanship, and horrible quality, and I am more than entitled to say DDRUM SUCKS, I believe you would feel the same had you had the same experiance, again I would not recommend them to anyone.

BTW the throw-off on the PDP snare, was from shipping damage, had nothing to do with poor craftsmanship, try again.

Bottom line 3 kits, 3 sets of identical defects = Crap drums.

PDP9000

anavrinIV":qnpz8ut5 said:
PDP9000":qnpz8ut5 said:
I have played on a set like that and 2 others but i forgot what kind they where but the sound from thoese drums suck but i think i shouldnt say that Ddrum suck my bad

PDP9000

ddrumbum":32jw5abu said:
anavrinIV":32jw5abu said:
PDP9000":32jw5abu said:
I went thru three ddrum dominion kits, they all sucked, just a bunch of crap drums, seriously they were horrible, laundry list of defects, I strongly recommend you get a differant kit
ya same here get a PDP set they have the best sound

anavrinIV

PDP9000":2jqbf7r8 said:
ddrumbum":2jqbf7r8 said:
anavrinIV":2jqbf7r8 said:
PDP9000":2jqbf7r8 said:
ya same here get a PDP set they have the best sound
ive never played a pdp that i really liked. i dont know what it is about them but i dont like them. for a low end kit i would get a gretsch catalina birch over anything.