Pearl Hardware
DW-5002TD double pedal
All Meinl HCS cymbals
Splashes: 8", 10"
HiHat:14"
Crashes: 14", 16", 18"
China:18"
ride: 20"
Remo Pinstripe heads on toms and Remo Black Dot head on snare & Evan E-Rings on all toms and snare

PearlMeinlAhead

Thnx guys :) takes me at least an hour to set everything up if I want it to stand perfectly (I'm way to perfectionistic to play drums probably :p).
Every millimeter counts! 8)

phoenix7289

I hear ya man! The more stuff you get for a kit, the crazier it gets! XD And the longer it takes to set it up! =X

metldrummer2112

How do you like the HCS's? I used to have a splash, and for an entry level cymbal, it was pretty nice. I'm just curious how they work with a band.

PearlMeinlAhead

HCS are amazing, everyone keeps pissing on them because they're entry level cymbals, but honestly, they are very good!
Even better: they are extremely durable, been playing metal(core) on these for over 3 years, and I have only one crash who got a little crack (replaced it with a new HCS).
I've seen AAX cymbals crack or deform in less time, so I'm really glad I bought these. The only sound I don't completely like is the china, but then again, every china is different.

metldrummer2112

I figured they weren't as bad as they were cracked up to be. I'm personally an AAX guy myself, but mine don't break because I use good technique, and obviously you do as well if you've kept em that long.

PearlMeinlAhead

I'd love to have a rack for my toms and cymbals, it's getting a bit messy... Maybe I'll buy a Pearl Icon rack with only front and right sides. That would make the setting-up proces a whole lot easier!

PearlMeinlAhead

I've set the kit up differently (been playing it like this for a couple of months now).
As some of you may see, it is inspired by Hector 'Lech' De Santiago's setup (As Blood Runs Black).
The crash + splash combo in the middle is different now though: 14" crash is gone and my 10" splash is in it's place now (8" splash is to my left, above HiHat).

Specs: 10" tom, 12" tom, 16" floortom, 22" kick, 14" snare; 8" and 10" splash, 16" and 18" crash, 14" hihats, 18" china, 20" ride; DW 5002 turbo drive pedals; Remo Pinstripes, Evans E-Rings, Remo Falan Slampad

Drumosaurus

PearlMeinlAhead":3o1rppmi said:
I've set the kit up differently (been playing it like this for a couple of months now).
As some of you may see, it is inspired by Hector 'Lech' De Santiago's setup (As Blood Runs Black).
The crash + splash combo in the middle is different now though: 14" crash is gone and my 10" splash is in it's place now (8" splash is to my left, above HiHat).

Specs: 10" tom, 12" tom, 16" floortom, 22" kick, 14" snare; 8" and 10" splash, 16" and 18" crash, 14" hihats, 18" china, 20" ride; DW 5002 turbo drive pedals; Remo Pinstripes, Evans E-Rings, Remo Falan Slampad

I"m finding that setup is becoming very popular nowadays.

PearlMeinlAhead

the soundtechnicians placed a mic under the snare and one on top. I believe that they only had 3 clamps for mics on toms (luckily for them I did not use my 13" tom), so they used stand.

As a matter of fact, he also used another mic for the snare, between the two toms.
Not sure anymore if there was one underneath the snare there... may have been another gig