my bass drum...

Gabimo

well, its kinda wierd
when i hit it to hard which i usually do so i can hear it better makes the metal on my snare shake, and my floor tom rings
should i stop this
how should i stop this

Scrogs

Howepirate wrote:

Ehhh, it's normal man. Something you have to deal with a fair bit when your a drummer
I agree, but there is a way to fix this....buy an electric drum set

stump

SGarrett":19aypdnm said:
Go to Google.com and look for The Drum Tuning Bible. :)
Agreed! Proper tuning can limit the ringing. Sounds to me that you may have the head tension to tight. Make sure that you have both your batter and res heads tuned. As far as your snares buzzing, unless you want to have a lame sounding snare like Lars on St. Anger, you're gonna have to deal with it. Peace on ya!

Howepirate

Scrogs":2hrs645t said:
Howepirate wrote:

Ehhh, it's normal man. Something you have to deal with a fair bit when your a drummer
I SHOULD abuse my mod privs and completely delete this waste of a post. :| . Electric drums are NEVER a substitute for acoustic.

Potatoe Snack

Howepirate":2hkymv1a said:
Scrogs":2hkymv1a said:
Howepirate wrote:

I SHOULD abuse my mod privs and completely delete this waste of a post. :| . Electric drums are NEVER a substitute for acoustic.
when you live in apartment, its a great substitute.

drummerduba

Potatoe Snack":2epfouyt said:
Howepirate":2epfouyt said:
Scrogs":2epfouyt said:
Howepirate wrote:

amen to that

and Howe, with bein a mod, you shud realise that every1 is entitled 2 their opinions.

a waste of a post can only b defined as being that of the content bein completely off topic from the subject, or fights, which i have seen alot of on here the last month or so

what ever happened to us drummers bein brothers (...and sisters)????????

SGarrett

drummerduba":uoqwjru3 said:
Potatoe Snack":uoqwjru3 said:
Howepirate":uoqwjru3 said:
Scrogs":uoqwjru3 said:
Howepirate wrote:

amen to that

and Howe, with bein a mod, you shud realise that every1 is entitled 2 their opinions.

a waste of a post can only b defined as being that of the content bein completely off topic from the subject, or fights, which i have seen alot of on here the last month or so

You've never argued with a sibling or friend? That's just not healthy. :)

AmnestysLowEnd

Howepirate":22863mil said:
Scrogs":22863mil said:
Howepirate wrote:

Don't you trigger your bass drum? Thats sort of substituting for acoustic.

Howepirate

AmnestysLowEnd":30lruy2z said:
Howepirate":30lruy2z said:
Scrogs":30lruy2z said:
Howepirate wrote:

Don't you trigger your bass drum? Thats sort of substituting for acoustic.
You people never learn.

drummerduba

SGarrett":286i2iar said:
drummerduba":286i2iar said:
Potatoe Snack":286i2iar said:
Howepirate":286i2iar said:
Scrogs":286i2iar said:
Howepirate wrote:

amen to that

i have never found anythin worth fighting about

Gabimo

Howepirate":2a9mif1v said:
Scrogs":2a9mif1v said:
Howepirate wrote:

i agree, anyone who plays electric needs to grow a pair(unless they also play acoustic more often), its like playing electric violin, they are MEANT to be acoustic, and should only be

SGarrett

drummerduba":jtpcbjg9 said:
SGarrett":jtpcbjg9 said:
No offense, but that's pretty sad. It shows that you have no passion in your soul, which is even worse than repressing emotions.

Gabimo":jtpcbjg9 said:
i agree, anyone who plays electric needs to grow a pair(unless they also play acoustic more often), its like playing electric violin, they are MEANT to be acoustic, and should only be
Hell, there are several world class and highly influential drummers that could play circles around this entire forum that "need to grow a pair" then. :roll:

drummerduba

SGarrett":39mq84lt said:
drummerduba":39mq84lt said:
SGarrett":39mq84lt said:
No offense, but that's pretty sad. It shows that you have no passion in your soul, which is even worse than repressing emotions.

woah woah you mistaken what i said

what i meant was that ok fair enough i have had fallouts with people and all that, however it just turns out they were over stupid things

i dont mean to portray myself as someone with "no passion in my soul", i just think that, because of past experiences from argments, i shouldnt take some people so seriously

again that may come out wrong, but i thnk u get the picture

SGarrett

drummerduba":1chx82zh said:
SGarrett":1chx82zh said:
drummerduba":1chx82zh said:
SGarrett":1chx82zh said:
woah woah you mistaken what i said

what i meant was that ok fair enough i have had fallouts with people and all that, however it just turns out they were over stupid things

i dont mean to portray myself as someone with "no passion in my soul", i just think that, because of past experiences from argments, i shouldnt take some people so seriously

again that may come out wrong, but i thnk u get the picture
Ok, that makes a lot more sense. :)