MY A CUSOMS KEEP BREAKING!! (Part II)

deluxe74

Well I made a thread like this awhile ago because I had just cracked my 17" A custom crash and after discussion on playing technique and tilt on the cymbal, I thought I would be good. Oh nay nay... I just cracked my 18" crash which is also an A custom!!
So now I'm to the point where I don't want to invest any more money in A customs, but I love the sound. What would you recomend?

anavrinIV

nice john pinette reference.

try some aaxs, my personal favorites are the aaxplosions but the studios and darks are quite nice as well. the stage series probably sounds a little better further off...ive never been particularly fond of them up close.

deluxe74

anavrinIV":ldbcinys said:
nice john pinette reference.

try some aaxs, my personal favorites are the aaxplosions but the studios and darks are quite nice as well. the stage series probably sounds a little better further off...ive never been particularly fond of them up close.
haha I know man, I love that guy! I'll check those out and see how that goes.

PDP9000

what kinda of music do you play? if you play heavy
music you may want to look at a heavier cymbals.

deluxe74

PDP9000":34y77ezd said:
I don't play heavy music, I'm just a little hard on my cymbals.

NG1284

deluxe74":1p84ztzc said:
PDP9000":1p84ztzc said:
Well don't be, if you don't want them to break.

If you get the technique right you can get the full sound out of your crashes without bashing them.

xdoseonex

bapudi":3ue4kp5x said:
from the many times i used every type of cymbals. the best ones you can gladly get and never break are these http://www.paiste.com/products/cymbals/signature_main.php
thos cymbals are pretty much the most frail thing i'v ever played. they sond absolutely amazing so i switched to them a while bac. bad idea. they were so expensive and i broke 3 of them really fast. i switched back to a cusoms and have broken 2 or 3 since. I'd love to tr them again i'm just scared theyre gonna break. and theyre the most expensive line paise has i think

deluxe74

xdoseonex":3w2qeiu6 said:
bapudi":3w2qeiu6 said:
from the many times i used every type of cymbals. the best ones you can gladly get and never break are these http://www.paiste.com/products/cymbals/signature_main.php
thos cymbals are pretty much the most frail thing i'v ever played. they sond absolutely amazing so i switched to them a while bac. bad idea. they were so expensive and i broke 3 of them really fast. i switched back to a cusoms and have broken 2 or 3 since. I'd love to tr them again i'm just scared theyre gonna break. and theyre the most expensive line paise has i think
yeah, I want to find a great quality cymbal that aren't so damn expensive because of the name stamped on it.

Alcyon

Seems like everyone on these forums is berserk about Saluda; they sound great, apparently. They have a program where you can send in cymbals and exchange them for Saludas. Apparently they are comparable to Sabian and Zildjian and everyone while still being way cheaper. Ask Howe about 'em.

dannydrumperc

deluxe74":3a70ph64 said:
PDP9000":3a70ph64 said:
If you are a Z guy, then try the Z Customs mediums; Projection and Rock models are to heavy. Or even the A Customs Mediums - those are heavier than the Projections.

wes the bear.

get A Custom PROJECTION cymbals.

never broken a single one. they're heavier and are tougher, but still have that awesome a custom sound.

Brother_Bong

Alcyon":1xyjwztk said:
Seems like everyone on these forums is berserk about Saluda; they sound great, apparently. They have a program where you can send in cymbals and exchange them for Saludas. Apparently they are comparable to Sabian and Zildjian and everyone while still being way cheaper. Ask Howe about 'em.
+1
I love my A customs, don't get me wrong, but to echo SGarrett I'm not a brand whore, if something is good, it's good. The support Saluda has on here makes me believe they are good. Personally I look forward to speaking with Saluda and using their cymbals. Go for it and let us know.

SGarrett

Bong":bmf11fi5 said:
Alcyon":bmf11fi5 said:
+1
I love my A customs, don't get me wrong, but to echo SGarrett I'm not a brand whore, if something is good, it's good. The support Saluda has on here makes me believe they are good. Personally I look forward to speaking with Saluda and using their cymbals. Go for it and let us know.
No doubt. I'm looking forward to getting to play, or at least hear, some Saludas in person.

rhaAw@

I honestly don't understand how you guys break so many cymbals, it just hardly ever happens unless your not playing them right or you got an anger problem.