Musicians and the armed forces!

stump

How many drummers play in a band that have Veterans of the armed forces? I know that this is a touchy subject but hell they help us to have the freedom to do what we love...and lets not forget that there are alot of our fellow drummers/musicians fighting for us every day. I as well as others in our band are Veterans (myself and my Bro are Gulf War Vets). Our guitarist also served State side. Any others out there? Peace on ya guys!

A

Anonymous

Hell Yeah Bro, served in the 3/6 marines in ramadii from 04-05.......music was always my escape from the bullshit....what unit u serve with? Get some MARINE CORE!!!!!!!

stump

Served 410th MP Co. III Corps! Fort Hood TX. Peace on my Brothers and Sisters there and in the 1st Cav Div. and 2nd Armor Div.!! My Bro served with the 169th. SCARNG, Cola SC. One of the first air units to drop the Smack down on Baghdad! I thank GOD everyday that we made it back here to play our music. And yes!!! Music helped me and my Bro's through every day there and continues to here. Peace on ya!

killdrum1983

My singer went to Iraq during Forteen months. He came back in February and he's playing with us since then... This was hell as he told us i'm so happy he's with us right now. He lost a lot of friends there...

I know it maybe cheesy but war sucks...

He had a blog when he was there (he also saw chuck norris :D) you can check that on myspace.com/galacticfish or on his blog : www.galacticfish.blogspot.com

Peace

skitch

All I can say is a big

thank you

for your service, vets! You guys made the sacrifice for us and our way of life!

stump

skitch":3eo2gmol said:

All I can say is a big

thank you

for your service, vets! You guys made the sacrifice for us and our way of life!

Thanks for that man! Peace!

Parrenze

Im no vet or anything, but im 17 tomorrow and trying to join the British Army:) in there cadets as well, which is like 13-18 year olds organisation based around it. Its interesting though cause theres a cadet pipe band, with like bagpipes and drummers, and it actually helped me in my music:p

Hopefully when I get in the Army for real I can continue that playing with the Royal Signals Pipe Band. Then I can get the best of both worlds, being in the army and continuing to be a drummer:)

But i sympathise with all out there, whatever country your from. Its not the best of situations, especially as I beleave it not to be a particularly right war. But im prepared to go and fight if I have to and its still going when im in.

I wish people luck in what there doing out there. Hopefully it will come to some good in the end...

Beej

I served in the Marine Corps from 87-93 and I'm also a Desert Storm Veteran. I was with Marine All Weather Attack Squadron 224 or VMA(aw)-224 and we flew the A-6 Intruders affectionately known as "Skypigs". My music also got me through the war as it has any other difficult time in my life. Whether playing or simply listening to it, it took my mind off matters and inpending dangers at hand for bits at a time. Thanks to Stump for putting this up and to everyone else for their service and/or support. I remember in 88 when I bought my Tama's, I wouldn't leave them alone for nothing. Then we went overseas to Japan and I had to leave them. Hardest 6 months I think I ever put in (chuckling). I got smart and bought some "Purecussions" to take overseas with me the next time. Unfortunately, that's when goofball invaded Kuwait, so I went another 9 months without drums. I still took sticks and a practice pad, but it's hell trying to practice in a tent with 17 other guys in it! Nevertheless, we returned stateside for about 5 months and were sent back to Japan and I FINALLY got to take my Purecussions with me! Thanks again for everyone's support and continue to support today's troops in every way you can!

knowlerstyle20

Currently stationed in Guam, been in the AF for almost 5 years done 4 tours in Iraq, two in germany, and two in russia. Glad to say im part of the Air Force that actually does work.

GrindheadJim

stump":2v1gg6gb said:
How many drummers play in a band that have Veterans of the armed forces? I know that this is a touchy subject but hell they help us to have the freedom to do what we love...and lets not forget that there are alot of our fellow drummers/musicians fighting for us every day. I as well as others in our band are Veterans (myself and my Bro are Gulf War Vets). Our guitarist also served State side. Any others out there? Peace on ya guys!
Five year USMC Veteran here.