Music that freaks you out!

Shalaq

Name genres of music that totally freak you out- music that is completely beyond your reach mentally in a negative sense.
What freaks me out is all the genres of extreme metal- I know that there are a lot of great drummers playing brutal death metal etc, but I just don't understand (or can't grasp) what is so cool or artistic about it.
Post your opinions and maybe we'll have an interesting discussion ;)

tim_otnematset

Shalaq":1538be67 said:
Name genres of music that totally freak you out- music that is completely beyond your reach mentally in a negative sense.
What freaks me out is all the genres of extreme metal- I know that there are a lot of great drummers playing brutal death metal etc, but I just don't understand (or can't grasp) what is so cool or artistic about it.
Post your opinions and maybe we'll have an interesting discussion ;)
www.myspace.com/otnematset YOURE RIGHT WHEN U SAY THAT A LOT OF METAL BANDS SOUND LIKE A MESS AND DO MUCH OF THE SAME THING BUT THERE IS A LOT OF METAL BANDS THAT PLAY EXTRIMLY HEAVY MUSIC AND DO SOME PREETY IMPRESIVE STUFF, HAVE YOU HEARD DIMMU BORGIR, THE DRUMMER IS A FAT DUDE BUT ITS CREAZY HOW HE COULD PLAY, AND IN METAL YOU NEAD A LOT OF ENDURANCE THATS ALSO A BIG PART OF IT.

Shalaq

Yeah they may be fast or whatever, I just don't think of making music in terms of endurance or speed. Music is about transfering your state of mind and emotions. I believe that it is somehow lost in extreme metal. But that's just my opinion :)

tim_otnematset

state of mind and emotions? pure aggressivness and if you like the music and like to play it you could realy express yore self in your playing. but thats in any music, music to me is an expretion of a state of mind. AND IM NOT ARGUING. HAHA GOD BLESS

Shalaq

tim_otnematset":5v08z2vv said:
state of mind and emotions? pure aggressivness and if you like the music and like to play it you could realy express yore self in your playing. but thats in any music, music to me is an expretion of a state of mind. AND IM NOT ARGUING. HAHA GOD BLESS
I know that it's aggressive. I listen to a lot of metal music. It's just that life is not all about aggression, is it? :)

Tool_Drummer_Zach

Shalaq":ug6qrc8t said:
tim_otnematset":ug6qrc8t said:
I know that it's aggressive. I listen to a lot of metal music. It's just that life is not all about aggression, is it? :)
But! just because you may think its aggression look how much more the bands put into the work and thier outsides live arent always screaming and blood and gore and ido! listen to loads of screaming and hardcore bands bands but look at Norma jean prolly one of the best CHRISTIAN ROCK! bands and you wouldnt think for a moment that they were but its not the music you listen to its the emotions and vocals coming through the mouth lol i dont wanna argue but thats my opinion lol

AMTJake

I give all music a chance but I find it difficult to listen to pop, hiphop, rap, and soft rock.

I'm a metal head but I listen to just about everything under the sun including those genres I just listed. Once you get a good understanding of metal and start enjoying it, all other music just seems so bland and empty. Here's the misconception: Grindcore is about killing everyone, metal is just like all other music but heavier and more often will have an aggressive edge to it. Example, listen to Machine Head vs. Cannibal Corpse.

Mr. Pants

Bands: The Carpenters, Messhuggah, and Little Joe and his Traveling Polka Band.

That is some freaky shit!

Lants

prog_drummer_77

I actually love the psycho/brilliant/scary shit man. like Tool, Office of Strategic Influence....all of those with weird time sigs and weird sound effects...things that make u scared just listening to it, things that make you think...technical, psychotic, and meaningful yet mysterious lyrics.

Fudman

Happy hardcore

that is some scaery shit.

It like something you would here when the killer clowns from outer space come to kill you.