Most unique/awesome cymbal you own?

juNgle beatZ

I've just bought a Paiste mega cup chime 13" I;ve never heard anything like it before and I simply love it :)
I think it is the most unique cymbal I've ever heard or played... what's yours?

Shalaq

I don't really have unique cymbals. Maybe the 14 Meinl Filter china with holes in it could count. And maybe my signature(lol) 10 bell made from a cracked pearl 18 crash/ride ;)

The Drummist

I bought lots of very, very cheap , old Zyn and Krut cymbals of ebay, and then abused them with hammers, and files and the like, Mental.

Pork Sword

I have a Zildjian Remix ride that's got a very cool sound to it...I heard some of the EFX cymbals they make too...some were very unique...And does any remember the Sabian counter parts that were made?? They had a set of hi-hats that had a mini china as the bottom cymbal that sounded hot for drum & bass type stuff...

That and Sabian made a Will Calhoun signature cymbal called the Alien Disc that sounded pretty cool....Outside of that I use 3 circular saw blades that sound interesting...although they CRUSH drum sticks pretty bad :(

sharkscott

Good question,

Hmm, I guess I don't really own any custom cymbals but I think that my 18' Novo China is pretty interesting. It sounds like no other china I have ever heard. I love it one minute and can't stand it the next. Its the only cymbal I own that I feel this way about though. The rest I am in love with..

This is what I am lusting after though..

http://www.paiste.com/products/cymbals/ ... ide_lg.jpg

Bigd11

ive got a zildjian china that was my dads, its so old its from when they didnt even make ranges, its known as just a Zildjian china 18"

ive never even thought about replacing it for a modern cymbal, its just so awesome

PaulZILLA

i have an old Zildjian 18in crash/ride from b ack in the late 70's/early 80's thats pretty unique. very jazzy sounding ride and decent bell tones. but the crash is too long sustained. has alot of undertones, i use it for jazz/hip hop stuff. unique-yes, awesome-no. and a comment on somebodys post earlier,the alien disk was/is an awesome splash type cymbal. alot of drummers use them as bottom and sometimes tops of smaller hi-hat setups, example is Derek Roddy ( Hate Eternal, Nile(shorty) ). he used a 10in splash and a 10in alien disk(bottom) as extra hi hats.

Danny Meazell

The most awesome cymbal I own is a Tie. They are both my signature series. One is a Danny Meazell signature series Unpolished unleathed 20" Dark Ride, The other is a Danny Meazell Signature Series 20" Med Crash. I am not saying this because they are endorsement signature series cymbals, but because they are the very best I have ever owned. I have 7 Turk Masters when I get my new Hi Hats. I have owned Krut, All Zildjian Series, Pastie and Sabian cymbals, and these two Turk Masters are the best of the best!! That is the reason I endorse their cymbals.!!! :D
They are hand made and are second to none!
Danny Meazell

quikstang2

As far as unique goes, I think my collection of 4 cracked crashes are pretty unique looking.

As for awesome, I've got a really friggin old Zildjian 20" Ping Ride. Man I love that thing.

sharkscott

As for awesome, I've got a really friggin old Zildjian 20" Ping Ride. Man I love that thing.
I gotta tell you man, a 20' Ping Ride is one of the most versitle and best sounding ride cymbals of all time. I play Paiste but used to play Zildjian and I had one..If you are ever crazy enough to sell it, let me know. ;-)

changlab

I have a Mike Portnoy Audographed,TerrybozzioSignature series Radia bell......
I also stack several of my chinas.

Mainiacdrummer

sharkscott":1evkhete said:
I gotta tell you man, a 20' Ping Ride is one of the most versitle and best sounding ride cymbals of all time. I play Paiste but used to play Zildjian and I had one..If you are ever crazy enough to sell it, let me know. ;-)
i have the really old 24in ping ride its nifty

i think i would have to say my zildjian Z custom dynoi beat hats and my zildjian Z custom megabell ride. those are the two best cymbals i have ever boughten.

the dyno hats are some of the heaviest hats i have heard in a while, very heavy but have a really high/light tone to them. love'em,

screamkevin

My most unique cymbal is my 1963 Zildjian 20" A Ride. Unreal sounding, and I've been offered $2500 cash for it and will not part with it for anything.

I'm also quite partial to my Saluda 20" Mist-X Heavy Ride. It was custom made to my specs for my playing in my rock band, and is louder than any other ride that I've ever heard, including Z Customs, Rudes, MB20s and MB10s.

zen_drummer

I have a 20" Wuhan Ride that's really thick and heavy and it pings like crazy, plus it has 4 aluminum rivets in it. It's really great with a lot of character. I'll never sell it.

emofacing

it's has got to be a toss up between my old 22" paiste cry heavy ride and 20" paiste visions china. i think most days i would say the raw power of the china would dominate.