Most Popular Sticks

Drumming_Animal

I use Ahead 7A with Ahead Griptape and Vic Firth 7A with 'Sex-Wax' grip for practise and/or back up sticks incase i forget or drop my Aheads

If youre looking at buying some good sticks go for Ahead, theyre the most expensive out of all sticks but they are really worth it, theyre brilliant

Scott_Hurford

i'd say the most popular drum stick is the 5b and 5A, and Vic Firth seems to be the most popular company today, althought i'm a Vater Man personally :wink:

Groove

FWIW...about 60% of my sticks sales go to Vic Firth alone. I personally like the 5BN for most settings.

what's a 2b???

I used to be big into trying all kinds of different sticks. I used Pro Marks consistantly for a long time, but eventually got sick and tired of how easily they break.

I'm just now switching from Vic Firth 5An to 5Bn. They feel just right, and I think they sound better than other sticks (probably the consistancy of stick weight or tip shape or something.)

Aheads are great sticks, but I don't like the synthetic feel. I've got limited edition Matt Sorum gold handle Aheads from 1993, I like those alot. I play with them too much tho. :wink:

Crash101":1cwekz5n said:
ive played with vic firth, pro mark, and vater. the ones that felt best though had to be vater.
VATER'S SEEMED MORE BALANCED ZILJENS WERE GOOD PRTOMARKS USED TO BE GOOD I FIND PROMARKS HAVE GONE DOWN IN QUALITY I TEND TO ROLL THEM AT THE COUNTER AND I TEND TO FIND THEY ARE NOT STRAIGHT

yea i think 5B is one of the most popular sticks. i use promark 5B. i think promark is pretty popular. i generaly use oak sticks. sometimes i use neil pert sticks.

zero_or_die77

i love Ahead sticks. i got the Joey Jordison ones and love them. take a bit to get use to the different feel to them, but once i did that i noticed an improvement in speed. they've also held together longer than any of my wooden sticks

zero_or_die77":1dzkdl3d said:
i love Ahead sticks. i got the Joey Jordison ones and love them. take a bit to get use to the different feel to them, but once i did that i noticed an improvement in speed. they've also held together longer than any of my wooden sticks

I DIDN'T GET THE JOEY JORDISEN MY FRIEND DID BUT I DID GET AHEAD METAL STICKS MINE LOOK EXACTLY LIKE HIS EXCEPT FOR THE SIGNITURE

THEY FEL VERY BALANCED BUT THEY SOUND LIKE METAL WHEN YOU RIM CLICK WHICH SEEMS ODD STILL TO ME

kebin131

Right now I'm using the Pro-Mark Neil Pert Signature stick. I HATE the feel of them but they last a while. What I really want are some Innovative Percussion 5A's or 5B's. I haven't tried their combo sticks yet but I know that their concert and marching percussion products are far superior to Pro-Mark or Vic Firth. It sucks because the local music shop here hasn't even heard of that company :(. Here's the website. www.innovativepercussion.com

randomdrum

Just switched to ProMark Oak 2Bs

I used them for two days solid recording and they're barely dented. I used to use Vater XD-Rock but I found them snapping in the middle after hardly any use, and horrible splintering around where to stick hits the snare rim. ProMark from now on!