Most Influential Song

mikebodrums

led zeppelin all the way if you can play good times bad times with the correct foot work you are ok in my book....

dougthedrummer

For me it was Phil Collins "in the air tonight".There is just something about that song that just is awesome.Another one would be Stairway to Heaven by Zepplin.Just something about those songs ...they start out all calm..AND BAM!!!!!! :shock:

madchops82

It's funny because Led Zep, Black Sabbath, and Pink Floyd were my first influences. Now I am a diehard latin, jazz, funkhead.

check out my videos @ myspace.com/billbougill

Neko

Anything Aerosmith,Joey Kramer verry underrated drummer. He's been keeping the beat for over 30 year's!!
Keep the Faith, live Crush Bon Jovi

Tgaff08

mikebodrums":1b9c73i5 said:
led zeppelin all the way if you can play good times bad times with the correct foot work you are ok in my book....

no joke, im floored every time i hear it. bonham's right foot is not unlike greased lightning.

Al Calamita

I'm not sure what would count as my most influential song, I kinda just grew up liking drums more than other instruments. A song I really would like to learn to play though is "Rock & Roll" by Led Zeppelin, its just a flat out awesome song. Another good one I want to learn is "Hotel California" by the Eagles (and sing it too!)

meinlplayer

Al Calamita":1wtyogsg said:
A song I really would like to learn to play though is "Rock & Roll" by Led Zeppelin, its just a flat out awesome song.
Dude, the drum intro to that song makes me smile every time... it's not really technical, but it's awesome (that's Bonham for ya).

DrewDeLaPoots

the intro to Van Halen's Hot For Teacher. it gets me each time. absolutley brilliant. i always thought it was the sound of a motorcycle but when i found out it was alex i damn near cried with fear that a man could play that. of course i can play it NOW but back in the day i was like :shock:

TheYardstick

No One Knows by Queens Of The Stone Age encouraged me to first pick up the sticks, now anything from Bullet For My Valentine to Pantera.

The song that made me pick up the sticks for the very first time was "Spiderwebs" by No Doubt. The entire Tragic Kingdom cd is what first inspired me to start playing. Then I got into their entire collection. I've been playing for a long time, and now I have many more influences than that, but I still go back to listen to No Doubt for influences. Adrian Young is a great player.

ChrisNichols

The song that made me decide to be a drummer was 'Who Are You' by the Who. I love it right at the end when Keith just drills the hell out of those toms!

Drumming_Animal

i dont remember a certain song influencing me to actually start drumming in the first place i just remember wanting to make lots of noise in a cool way and then 5 years later here i am making lots of noise heh heh