most explosiove chinese

sildniks

Hi guys,
i'm looking for the lodest, most explosive and darkest chinese ever made. Perhaps you could give me your opinion or advice. Thanks!

Drumosaurus

+1 on the wuhans

Ive only played the 14" version.if you want dark, try a saluda 22" pre aged voodoo china. its orgasmicly dark.

blastbeats666

i really dont know of many chinas cept the one i own. if your goin for a REALLY trashy china check out the sabian AA metal-X 18".

SGarrett

^^^ Yep, you really haven't played many chinas if you think that's a really trashy china. Not talking trash, just saying. :)

bass-ackwards

How well do Wuahans fit into a cymbal bag? i have a 16' crash a 20' ride and a 18' crash. I ask because of the exaggerated bell on it. Also do they dent easily? I have heard that they do.

SGarrett

blastbeats666":24w8mrrv said:
SGarrett":24w8mrrv said:
^^^ Yep, you really haven't played many chinas if you think that's a really trashy china. Not talking trash, just saying. :)
i mean its a good cymbal though
Aye, decent china but not all that trashy when compared to a traditional. :)

bass-ackwards":24w8mrrv said:
How well do Wuahans fit into a cymbal bag? i have a 16' crash a 20' ride and a 18' crash. I ask because of the exaggerated bell on it. Also do they dent easily? I have heard that they do.
That depends on how big your bag is.

They're very thin and hand hammered cymbals so they do dent/crack/break easily if you just hammer on them all the time. But, on the flip side, any cracks just add to the trashy sound.

Asdex

Guys, how bout Zildjian O'trash?? I heard lots of good stuff about them too! I personally like the Wuhan too, but many people said that it cracked easily!

Alan_

oh yeah they crack easily. but they're CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP. I have no problems cracking a cymbal that I paid less than 50 bux for. Just get another one, heh.

However, I'm seriously babying my 14" early 80's vintage wuhan I just bought from poboy. It's thinner than the modern wuhans, and I want to keep it good for as long as possible. it's not replaceable.

masonvonritchie

You really can't go wrong with Wuhan. I have an 18" china that hasn't cracked yet. I've had it for several years and I hit it quite a bit. Sometimes I'll even play a blast on it but it hasn't cracked yet.

Brian L

i know ur probably looking for a bigger china, but the only one i have ever had was a 12 inch wuhan. it only sounded good with guitars in my opinion. but it was only 12 dollars. do the math. break up once a week if u wanted. :shock:

shine.fm-youth

Brian L":1m4vzlqz said:
i know ur probably looking for a bigger china, but the only one i have ever had was a 12 inch wuhan. it only sounded good with guitars in my opinion. but it was only 12 dollars. do the math. break up once a week if u wanted. :shock:

sounded good with guitars?

sorry but i don't understand that statement...

I've had nothing but bad luck with Wuhan chinas. I'd destroy one at least every 8 months, not that I'm a hard basher or anything.

I got a discontinued 16" LP Rancan china from Ebay last Christmas 2007 for like 30 bucks. That thing sounded killer and cut through clear as a bell! Loud! It cracked about 4 months ago and I ended up losing a chunk out of the edge. I think it got stepped on in my cymbal bag or something landed on it. Bummed me out.

After I decommissioned my Rancan, I found a Zildjian Oriental Trash 16" for $75. Not even kidding! It was used, but nothing more than some finger prints on it. It's in great, almost new condition. And it's what I still use currently. Sounds great and cuts through!

I dread the day that thing cracks.