Most creative blastbeats I have ever seen.

kylevater

Howepirate":1salz5c5 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCz7WAi20Lw

Yes, it's Derek Roddy AGAIN. It's the multi-pedal blast!?!?!? This dude keeps reinventing the wheel and pushing that bar higher and higher for us Death Metal drummers nowadays. It actually sounds pretty cool with the mixing and stuff he does.
im starting to try and learn flat footing on my pedals to get like that

Howepirate

The best thing to do is find where you can relax and push yourself past normal speeds and increase everyday. If your throne height and distance are inhibiting your playing move it, if your pedals feel sloshy like they aren't keeping up with your feet, try tightening them.

Potatoe Snack

Empyrean Drums":1ywz5r53 said:
It's one thing to be unimpressed or not like a drummer/style, it's another thing to state it every opportunity you can.
not sure if this was directed towards me or not? but anyways...blast beats in themselves don't impress me, but that doesn't mean that I don't like them! I use them in my band here and there and they're awesome. Respectfully...I need more than speed to impress me.

AmnestysLowEnd

GrindheadJim":1t74u2ln said:
AmnestysLowEnd":1t74u2ln said:
the whole death metal thing has never impressed me, The same bull over and over.
All drumming is the same bull over and over. It's called a beat.
Yeah I toatly agree. I have seen many people do great things to make them new and exciting by infusing diffrent accents, styles, feels, and subdivisions. But a blast beat is just redundant and completly unmusical.

AmnestysLowEnd

Howepirate":1fvx4ox4 said:
AmnestysLowEnd":1fvx4ox4 said:
the whole death metal thing has never impressed me, The same bull over and over.
Shut up and get out :D.
Hey thanks for valueing my oppinion! :roll: This is some great drumming everyone can enjoy! Do you lioke better? :lol:

GrindheadJim

AmnestysLowEnd":1hxcpkm6 said:
GrindheadJim":1hxcpkm6 said:
AmnestysLowEnd":1hxcpkm6 said:
All drumming is the same bull over and over. It's called a beat.
Yeah I toatly agree. I have seen many people do great things to make them new and exciting by infusing diffrent accents, styles, feels, and subdivisions. But a blast beat is just redundant and completly unmusical.
Blanket statements like that are ignorant and completely uncalled for. An opinion is one thing; a snap judgement is another altogether.

Think of a blast as riding on the snare while accenting on the cymbals. I realize that some drummers take a very base approach to blasting, and that, overdone, it can be monotonous; but, then, so can any other drum beat.

PDP9000

Howepirate":8gonj9hu said:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SCz7WAi20Lw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SCz7WAi20Lw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Yes, it's Derek Roddy AGAIN. It's the multi-pedal blast!?!?!? This dude keeps reinventing the wheel and pushing that bar higher and higher for us Death Metal drummers nowadays. It actually sounds pretty cool with the mixing and stuff he does.

I like the pedal and how he uses it. what kind of pedal is that?