Most Amazing Drum Workout ever!!!

Multibomber

SO I got the new Thomas Lang DVD and I just got to his "Matrix" workout/coordination program... friggin most ridiculous thing I've ever attempted. I feel like I'm gonna fall off my stool everytime I even think about attempting level 2. Hell, just doing the double strokes on my feet as an ostinato along with the other hand rudiments makes me feel like a beginner. Holy crap I wish I would've had this wrkout when I started playing drums!!! Anyone else tried this or any other Lang exercise, like any on his first dvd (which I lost)?? He's such an a$$ cuz he makes it look like the easiest thing you could ever do... azz!!!

BTW, just attempting to go as far as I can on this matrix as a warmup before playing has taken me to amazing new levels of flexibility and coordination... bravo! Maybe in 6 months I'll make it through. Thsi coupled with Goerge Kollias' speed program should make me the greatest drummer to ever walk the earth!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Rob Crisp

I have his two latest DVD's and I admire him for the sheer impressiveness of his technical ability. There's no denying the guy practices hard and challenges himself constantly!

And the Matrix really is something else in terms of co-ordination exercises, but I just think to myself "how often am I going to need to play a group of 3 and a group of 5 with my feet (to make a group of 8) and layer grooves over the top?"

Good fun, and a great personal challenge, but I don't think it's as of much benefit as practicing ghost notes, accents and more challenging styles, such as latin.

I can watch him for hours, in complete awe at what he can play, but I feel working on technique and various styles is of more benefit to me as a player right now.

FITDrums

Thomas Lang is insane! I haven't seen any of his instructional stuff yet but i admire his showmanship and skill.

Damagedrummer

I'm also working on that speed/controlprogram of Kollias. Hope it will work! But I can image it works great, especially if you hear his bassdrumrolls!!

Multibomber

Holy crap his dvds are amazing! Its not so much being able to play 8 with your right foot, 5 with your left, 9 with your hands, 12 with your @zzhole, etc. Its when you learn how to coordinate all that stuff he teaches, the easier things that you wanna do within a band context is so much easier. PLus, if you're feeling creative, there's tons of ways to work all that stuff into your playing, especially if you're playing any hard rock/metal. And when he demos any drum n bass or latin stuff... fucking forget about it. Having true 4 way independence has always out me in awe!