moshing

strokelahoma

ccrdrums":1e2oufbs said:
fuck you pussy fuck canada too
Dude you are an asshole and I am ashamed to be an American because of people like you you hateful arrogant snob. Now this is just a hate-fest.

ccrdrums

strokelahoma":2xcifwie said:
ccrdrums":2xcifwie said:
Dude you are an asshole and I am ashamed to be an American because of people like you you hateful arrogant snob. Now this is just a hate-fest.

strokelahoma? o well if thats the case your just a damn okie nobody cares bout yall ashamed ha if thats the case america doesnt want u
red
white
blue
these colors dont run

lowdrummer

I dont like ccrdrums... he's dumb... he should be banned from this site... I could totaly do a full metal jacket joke about this kid, but that would be stooping to his level :D

strokelahoma

ccrdrums":1cygoel0 said:
strokelahoma":1cygoel0 said:
ccrdrums":1cygoel0 said:

strokelahoma? o well if thats the case your just a damn okie nobody cares bout yall ashamed ha if thats the case america doesnt want u
red
white
blue
these colors dont run
Actually no, I only have family from Okie. I am from Colorado Springs the Conservative city that has Focus on the Family and the Air force Academy. Where i will be going someday to be trained to fight for my country in wars I feel are un-necessary. but I will back my country in good or bad choices. I don't back all the people from America. I Hate what you say, fight to death for you to be able to say it. Don't you dare be ragging on me for not being patriotic. I have pride in my Country and its freedoms but i also hate the thoughts that are allowed to be thought because of these freedoms. So don't you dare come off on me all high and mighty. your state doesn't do much of anything for me. but I don't rag on you for coming from there I rag on you for being an ass hole and being the downside of Americas freedoms. I am From Colorado, the state where we train your pilots to fly their jets into war, the state where the people who represent your country in the Olympics train day in and day out. i have plenty of pride. But I am NOT proud of people like you.

P.S. oh and to your little America Doesn't want you thing...
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
You recognize that? I sure hope so that is on lady liberty herself. We welcome everyone man and we are glad to have them. deal with it.
Now why Don't you reply with something intelligent to say instead of just insulting the places i everyone is from.

XIxPxGX

[/quote] but not to metion 30 year old people moshing just looks dumb. [/quote]
i think its sick when older dudes or girls dance its fun but yea i think it is getting ridiculous for what people dance to or "mosh" like at the shows i get to you fall down people pick you up. the best types of shows id have to say are like old hardcore show bands cause its not really any of that tough guy shit. yea tough guy shits fun every now and then but it gets boring. 2 stepping and circle pitting are sick together cause you dont stop moving.

XIxPxGX

but yea id hav eto say its all personal preference some people dance some people dont some people like beating the shit out of people and geting the shit beat out of them the point of it all is to have fun weather dancing or watching its supppose to be fun. ive seen plenty of jocks in pits. and if you dont want to get hit dont stand near the pit simple as that

PatternsInTheIvy

zen_drummer":z8xuag0p said:
meta L ucas":z8xuag0p said:
I GOTTA SAY THAT ITS A GOOD FEELING WHEN NO ONE CAN BE STILL WHEN I'M PLAYING. ITS A RUSH. I'LL HIT A PAUSE AND THEN BLOW UP A HEAVY GROOVE AND EVERYONE GOES APESHIT. PRETTY COOL. I GET OFF STAGE HIGHER THAN A KITE EVERY TIME.
On your keyboard there's a button right above the left "shift" key...

Pretend there's a bug on it.... Now squish it...

Thank you...

Hahah, my sentiments exactly.

Also, for all you people arguing about this, its not that complicated. Moshing is either something you do or not. As long as there arent any meatheads, it's not a big deal. If therer are, you kickem out and get on with the show.

Howepirate

we have the hardcore dancing scene over here in Port Charlotte florida.. i just wanna say i hate all of those kids that come out and dance and intend to hurt people (and to anyone anywhere that does that) and to cause an uproar. Its not needed

TheYardstick

Mosh pits are dumb. I come to listen to the music, not get a black eye. Yes, I realized that I payed for the floor tickets, but the other seats can get really expensive. People that want to mosh should just stay at home and not bother those of us that come for the music.

nickbaldwin

Moshing isnt about violence, its about the adrenaline rush triggered by them music (usually metal). Real moshing is feeling the music rather than just seeing and hearing it, but people are ruining it for everybody by being assholes.

lowdrummer

honestly, there is no reason behind moshing, i dont realy beleive in the whole "feeling the music" thing, i dont have a problem with it, i used to do it myself, but i think that kids that do it think its just fun at the moment. If you stop and think about it it is one of the dumbest things, but while your doing it theres no explination and its just fun.

Exzilibus

I LOVED moshing at metal shows back in high school....I'm 27 now and lost the "fun" of it since. Now if I go into a pit I usually just get pissed off so I purposely stay away from the front at most shows now so I can enjoy the show.

I still headbang and move around but without knocking into people who don't want to be knocked into or at least ridiculously hard. I'm very respectful of just about anybody anywhere I go unless I have a reason not to be.

Back when I loved pits I'd headbang my ass off...get shoved around hard and it was intense...very fun...but somewhere along the line every pit I went into turned into people spin kicking blindly and punching in every direction as fast as they can and that just got real annoying to me. I also find it COMPLETELY idiotic.

I don't care if someone knocks into me...but if I'm enjoying the show and some loser punches me or kicks me in the face for no reason...then all I want to do is kill them. At that point I'm not enjoying the show I'm searching for the guy in the pit that hit me so that I can hit him back.

But if I'M on stage and my band is causing the pit....I feel very differently. Then I love everyone going as nuts as possible. Doesn't bother me at all 'cause no douchebag is spinkicking me in the jaw.

GeorgeDemise

With hardcore and metal, moshing is just the same as any kind of dancing. It's not like you go round saying "oh ballroom dancing is so gay and pointless". It's just how people dance to metal and hardcore. If you don't want to get hit in the face or something, then make sure you're not standing somewhere you're gona get hit! People mosh and don't intend to hit people, the people who usually get hit are people who don't have a clue and try and replicate it by running into people, while the people doing it properly have to push them out the way so they don't badly hurt!

Shanesmusic

in my professional opinion(if i had one lol), my experiences with moshing have all been fun. like, really fun. system of a down concerts, the mars volta, hardcore shows, hfstivals, etc. even some local shows. the stuff that i really dislike, is "hardcore dancing". any of you ever heard of that? its basically kids punching the air and acting like they're beating someone up. its more like a crazy mob watching a fight than moshing or watching the show. i used to think they just looked silly, but two weeks ago i got punched in the nose, completely by accident.

the rediculous part, is that it has basically replaced moshing in smaller shows because of people afraid of getting hurt, but is in essence way more dangerous potentially